s10 u39

I bought those connectors and tried them, still nothing. Stuck on NoCH. It now looks as if the box is not sending signal to tv. Is this right? Where to from here. Any help appreciated.

Hi Manic,

Cable is composite (red, white and yellow) to box, and scart to tv. Switched tv to scart. Still nothing. I'm beginning to HATE this box!

you must scan for channels or you will never get anything to the tv.
no ch means no channel list.
Hit the menu button on remote

Slugworth, can't scan as I can't get signal on tv. No menu, no signal. When I press Menu it hangs on ''busy''

I flashed a channnel list via rc232. Still nothing. Box will not communicate with tv. Is the end coming for this box

if you are using the hdmi connector on the receiver I have heard of broken ones due to too much wear and tear or kids hitting it.I use the hdmi and the composite output so I never had a problem with no output to tv.

I have tried composite to scart and nothing. I an constantly trying out fw and dumps, and now I am stuck with -- on stb screen.

bad to worse.
The anonymousx firmwares from aug 2012 will kill a genuine receiver and you get the --- only on the display.
You are stuck using the anonymousx firmware from now on.

for the -- receivers you need the anonymousx firmware,the 1st version was released in dec 2011 and another one v2 red gui was jan 2012 I think

I think if was 2nd version that killed my box. Anyway, I have flashed with anonymous 1st version and my box goes ON_6000_INit_0004. When I press Menu I get ''busy'', and that's as far as it goes! Anything?

anonymousx firmware should boot all the way.
Sounds like some sort of hardware fault.
Power surge maybe?

Has crossed my mind several times but where do I go from here? Should I have the Power checked out.

maybe your tv is actually bad also.
Maybe check that out.
I never heard of a receiver that had no video out at all.

Hi slugworth , bump this old thread. Ive a s10 that wont have it via rs232 (bricked) "Com Test Error" when I try to connect. I know the set up and cable is correct as it all works on an s9 fine.

What's my options ? I can lift chips and relay no problem ,I just won't let this box beat me !

most of the time when people can't recover it is due to:
1.a pc with no rs232 port and they are trying to use a usb converter.
Forget it.Dig out the old pc or make friends with somebody that has a pc with real rs232 port.
2. the wrong type cable.
The cable has to be female/female null modem.
3. wrong version of loader.
Must be v2.0.0c,no other older or newer version will work.2.0.0c was just right.
4.forgetting to tick include bootloader.
5.having the receiver on when starting the loader or turning the receiver on too fast after hitting next on the loader.The loader will give you many minutes to turn the receiver on after hitting next,take your time and do it at a casual rate.

RS232 - Interface 2 TR 006.jpg

Yes,this type only,that's works only reality port not virtuality port from USB - Interface adaptor, it's not work.

and also there were oddball versions of the loader; I have a version 2.0.0b that looks exactly like 2.0.0f(no support files needed) but it is less finicky when loading foreign firmware on the s10.(it won't complain about wrong bootloader or maincode version) but the drawback is, it has to be a working receiver and not dead.So if the receiver is dead I have to use v2.0.0c of the loader.

Back