s10 u39

slugworth

Inactive User
Reaction score
The s10 uses an spi 8pin flash memory,(mx25L3206e)which is actually better than having to play with a 48pin tsop flash chip.It may be even possible to flash the chip in-circuit if you put the receiver to sleep.I will have to check into that.A joy to know since the receiver has no jtag port.It may be possible to convert to other brands that use a different bootloader version without the worry of not being able to recover.

flash pdf for chip used in the s10

Attachments

• MX25L3206E_DS_EN.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
Call me thick, but can you elaborate on what your trying to achieve?

Ta.

Call me thick, but can you elaborate on what your trying to achieve?

Ta.
Since there is no jtag for the receiver,I am trying to program the flash when the receiver is completely dead and the rs232 port doesn't work.

Slugworth,
Did you have any further success with this?

Slugworth,
Did you have any further success with this?
since you can't brick a m3602 based receiver,I never even had the need to use the chips.They are kicking around in a drawer somewhere.
I was always able to recover with the v2.0.0c loader and I was killing my receiver daily playing with any m3602 firmware I could get my hands on.

The reason I'm asking is because my S10 is dead. (stuck on). I've tried every loader I could get my hands on but no joy. I had a power cut a few days ago and I think this has damaged the box. Any help?

Have you tried to remove the sat cable?

If it's dead have you tried to re-flash it using a null modem cable?

Get the file: "Upgrade_PVR800_HD_Tool.rar", Unzip this file & you have a folder with 5 files:

eromclient.abs, flashburn.ini, sdram.ini,
LZMA.exe & eromUpgrade.exe & helpfile.txt.

1. Connect up your PC to the Openbox using a null modem serial cable.
2. Switch the box OFF
3. Run EromUpgrade.exe then check the com port setting is correct
4. Select the latest firmware .abs file. (Download here if you don't have any)
5. Select "next" then switch ON the box and follow the instructions to load and flash burn the firmware.
6. If the process does not start, try various time combinations of switching the box ON after selecting "next"
7. Don't switch the power off or disconnect while the download & flash is taking place.

I will add in the upgrade tool later, just in work so can't get access to it until I get home.

Last edited:
most of the time when people can't recover it is due to:
1.a pc with no rs232 port and they are trying to use a usb converter.
Forget it.Dig out the old pc or make friends with somebody that has a pc with real rs232 port.
2. the wrong type cable.
The cable has to be female/female null modem.
3. wrong version of loader.
Must be v2.0.0c,no other older or newer version will work.2.0.0c was just right.
4.forgetting to tick include bootloader.
5.having the receiver on when starting the loader or turning the receiver on too fast after hitting next on the loader.The loader will give you many minutes to turn the receiver on after hitting next,take your time and do it at a casual rate.

Slugworth,

Many thanks for v2.0.0c, worked, but new problem: Flash successful but I cannot access menu. The stb screen says NoCH. I have flashed many fw but result always the same. My s10 is connected to tv via hdmi but no signal. As I said I cannot access menu on screen to change anything. Can you help me over this hurdle pleaser?

Thanks Manic, but no scart on s10 and cannot access vformat as no display on screen to work on

I'll try and get those connectors but just stuck on NoCH and can't get any further.

If you have a loader, load a channel list.
The stb has gone back to basic install.
Needs setting to hdmi again.
Can you not access this using vformat button.
Havent got one here at the moment so cant check.
Cables should of come with stb.an connect direct to tv or use cable with scart connector.
C

cannot use vformat button (cannot see menu, tv says no signal). I only have hd cable (no scart connectiion on box)

my hd tv will show any resolution,so I never had that problem.
My sd tv I use the composite outputs into a dvd player/burner which automatically converts any resolution to something I can watch on the sd tv.

Back