S*y Blocking ?

rodboy

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I set up my mates firestick in my house with the exact same Avid build as mine ( 18/04/16 ) and explained the workings etc.

I got a call shortly after he returned to his house when he explained it wasn’t functioning the same as it was when in my house !!

I fired up my firestick and we spoke on the phone making sure to follow the exact same steps click by click and for example if we called up a film in Exodus his source list was much less populated than mine and even worse none of the sources would play !!

I am on Vermin, He is on Sly ( not sure what package ). Do I need to turn off the Sly Shield via his router? Also is it safe to do this ?

I didn’t realise there was a problem with this since lots on here must be using Sly and presumably without issue.

Sky Shield could well be causing the problem, turn it off and see if it solves the problem.

All sky shield does is filter the web for things sky does not think you should have, personally I like to make those desessions myself

never had to turn of shield personally but may be worth a try

“Important please disable any internet blocker that your provider has put in place to keep you from visiting streaming sites, below is a guide for providers that block some sites.”

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

read no 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7

Back