S*ky sp0rts 1 channel not working - DW 2.0 roms fix image - Help Please

B517

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi there

i have just imaged the DW 2.0 image with rom fix onto my 500C using dreamUP and a null cable.

Performed a brute force Uk scan and hey presto - channels are working, however my s*ky sports 1 channel is not and says something along the line of service could not be found.

Every other channel seems to work but this one. Is there a manual way to get this channel or would i have to rescan again :(

I also restarted the Cam on that particular channel but to no avail.

ex nthell

I hope someone can help me - thankyou

btw DW 2.0 is great :D

Last edited:
hi there

i have just imaged the DW 2.0 image with rom fix onto my 500C using dreamUP and a null cable.

Performed a brute force Uk scan and hey presto - channels are working, however my s*ky sports 1 channel is not and says something along the line of service could not be found.

Every other channel seems to work but this one. Is there a manual way to get this channel or would i have to rescan again :(

I also restarted the Cam on that particular channel but to no avail.

ex nthell

I hope someone can help me - thankyou

btw DW 2.0 is great :D
Hi sounds like a signal problem not image related****

This is probably going to sound like a dumb question to most people but what does the ROM fix do? Does this allow a DM to automatically update the keys itself, so you don't have to do it manually everyday?

Thanks

This is probably going to sound like a dumb question to most people but what does the ROM fix do? Does this allow a DM to automatically update the keys itself, so you don't have to do it manually everyday?

Thanks

I presume so yes :D
no such thing as a dumb question my friend!

press the blue button then you will see an option for tuner selection.

Frenchman

thanks will give it a go

tried the tuner selection still to no avail

i have deleted the channel off the "all servies" menu and i'll see if it comes back working

damnn no footiee :(

Correct....

Why don't all the people on here who are talking about changing the keys just do this upgrade?

Also, is this upgrade in the downloads section?
And how do I apply it to a Dreambox 500c ?

Many Thanks

Why don't all the people on here who are talking about changing the keys just do this upgrade?

Also, is this upgrade in the downloads section?
And how do I apply it to a Dreambox 500c ?

Many Thanks

They don't do the upgrade because most don't know about it i presume.

Yes this upgrade is in the downloads sections - DW 2.0 with Rom Fix

My 500c previously had the 1.6.5 image on - all i did was used "dreamUP" and a null modem cable
connected them up > flashed the image > selected no to "flash erase" and it simply flashed the new image over the previous one.

Am not sure if this the correct way but all ma channels were live after a scan apart from sky sp0rts 1 which is still isnt live.

I tried ftp-ing to the box but this didnt work for me, therefore i used the null modem cable insted

i have some mates who sometimes cant get it, sky sports,lol, do you know someone you can go to in same area code and scan it there, then go hoem should work ok then?

if you have a look at your services.xml file, find ss1 and see what other channels are in that transponder. I bet you cant get them either. its probably because you have the old tuner (hardware) which can have problems.

have you tried a re-scan mate?

You know sometimes I don't do the most obvious of things!
Rescan works perfect - cheers
oh what a blonde i feel!

i have some mates who sometimes cant get it, sky sports,lol, do you know someone you can go to in same area code and scan it there, then go hoem should work ok then?

Thanks for the suggestion - just tried the rescan method - i noww have it workingg wooo

if you have a look at your services.xml file, find ss1 and see what other channels are in that transponder. I bet you cant get them either. its probably because you have the old tuner (hardware) which can have problems.

Thanks for the reply
was really wierd because every other channel worked with no problems - apart from my favourite - sods law huh. sorted now tho thanks for your input.

LOL..... no worries mate its sometimes the simple things we forget to check glad your sorted

What difference does it make to the channels whether you do a flash-erase or not when updating the DM V2 image? Does it give the same result once you've done a channel scan?

I tried not doing a flash-erase but it wasn't picking up some channels even after a re-scan. So I put the image on again but this time did a flash-erase but after 4 channel scans I still don't get S*y sp0rts 1 or 3. Any ideas anyone?

if you say yes to flash erase its like flashing on a raw image,it wont keep the bouquets and channel setup like you have done already

Back