Rotton quits jungle camp

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ex-Pistol John Lydon, one of the favourites to win ITV's jungle ratings winner "I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!", has left the set, according to reports this morning. After hugging fellow contestants he left camp at about 3am GMT, or 1pm in New South Wales, leaving six celebs behind. He is reportedly not yet talking to the press, and it is not clear whether he will be returning to the camp.

John had recently been warned by I'm A Celebrity bosses not to repeat the swearing incident of earlier in the week, for which ITV was forced to apologise and introduce a tape delay to the live shows. Prior to leaving the set, he apparently started a fire at the edge of camp, then stamped out the flames shouting "I'm doing the dance. I'm doing the pogo. Lentil Mental. I've gone lentil mental."

In the first series two years ago Tara Palmer-Tompkinson left the set and found her way to the studio area, but was persuaded to return and eventually came second behind DJ Tony Blackburn. In the second series, homesick Daniella Westbrook left after only a week in the Australian outback, to return to her family.

Update! An ITV spokesman has confirmed that Lydon, 48, will not be returning to the camp, even if he changes his mind, and that standby contestant Timmy Mallet will not be replacing him in the camp at such a late stage.
200x150_celebrity3_john01.jpg

Timmy Mallet will not be replacing him in the camp at such a late stage
THANK CHRIST he aint going in,what a TW#T,i couldnt of stuck watching that nob cheese run around the jungle with his over sized inflatable hammer :mad:

Back