Rotator cuff injury?

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
A couple of weeks back I noticed a pain in my shoulder, it didn't come on acutely but more just appeared. It seemed to disappear but the week later I aggravated it again at the gym.

There is no real pain, just a twinge on certain exercises (shrugs and lat pulldowns are well known to extend the rotator cuff too much). I done some reading and then asked someone in the know who confirmed that I've done something to my rotator cuff, the one that brings your arm towards your front.

It's not painful unless I load it and even then it's not really that bad. I haven't lost any movement either.

I'm just going to train my legs this week but I can be a bit of a hypochondriac if something is on my mind. Does it warrant a visit to the doctor?

That's the end of shrugs for me at the moment, will do them on the calf raise machine instead of with a bar.

Been heating it and taking Ibuprofen in case there is some swelling. Does anyone have some suggestions?

I think I will actually do some warm-up and stretching next time :blushing:.

Do you take a multi vitimin and 1000mg cod liver oil etc?

Taking ZMA and some whey protein supplements that have some in.

I take Linseed oil, does cod liver oil have something better in it?

Been there done that, takes ages to heal :( I got a steriod injection in the end to help sort it.

Were you in a lot of pain with it?

What were your symptoms like?

I'm in no pain with it, just if I extend my arm slightly bent in front of me and push down on the hand quite a bit.

I trained with it for two weeks (Duh...) and there was no major pain, just a bit nagging. No pain when doing lateral raises, dumbbell presses, only some pain when finishing a lat raise (letting go of the bar at the fullest extension) and barbell shrugs.

Might make an appointment and see if the Doc will prescribe me some Sustanon :Biggrin2:.

Simple stuff like brushing hair ect, just as you twisted a bit hurt like hell. Didn't need any load. You can't train or anything if you have done it coz you will just keep nipping it and the swelling will never go down.

Think I'll visit the doctors to see if I've done anything to it.

I found the tests for it but I only get a slight pain on the outside of the shoulder after pressing down on my upturned palm with my arm out in front of me.

A couple of weeks back I noticed a pain in my shoulder, it didn't come on acutely but more just appeared. It seemed to disappear but the week later I aggravated it again at the gym.

There is no real pain, just a twinge on certain exercises (shrugs and lat pulldowns are well known to extend the rotator cuff too much). I done some reading and then asked someone in the know who confirmed that I've done something to my rotator cuff, the one that brings your arm towards your front.

It's not painful unless I load it and even then it's not really that bad. I haven't lost any movement either.

I'm just going to train my legs this week but I can be a bit of a hypochondriac if something is on my mind. Does it warrant a visit to the doctor?

That's the end of shrugs for me at the moment, will do them on the calf raise machine instead of with a bar.

Been heating it and taking Ibuprofen in case there is some swelling. Does anyone have some suggestions?

I think I will actually do some warm-up and stretching next time :blushing:.
i had this tore my tendon badly i had the op to drill fixings to the bone and to reattatch the tendon to the bone
if u go down that road u are better carrying on so as to keep the mussals working other wise it will take a lot longer to get ur shoulder working again

the op i had was rotator repair and a sub accronium decompression
i was 12mths getting back to normal

i had this tore my tendon badly i had the op to drill fixings to the bone and to reattatch the tendon to the bone
if u go down that road u are better carrying on so as to keep the mussals working other wise it will take a lot longer to get ur shoulder working again

the op i had was rotator repair and a sub accronium decompression
i was 12mths getting back to normal

I was talking to someone that had a detachment as well, doesn's sound too much fun :(.

Think I'll go to the health centre tomorrow to put my mind at rest, hopefully.

"Doctor it hurts when I do this *wave* with heavy weights...", "Don't do *wave* with heavy weights...".

I was talking to someone that had a detachment as well, doesn's sound too much fun :(.

Think I'll go to the health centre tomorrow to put my mind at rest, hopefully.

"Doctor it hurts when I do this *wave* with heavy weights...", "Don't do *wave* with heavy weights...".
urs sounds like either a small nic or a strain
try a bit of exercise
(not weights)
just rotating
use some heat pads before and after
but if u get swelling use cold

I've never had any visible swelling or bruising thankfully. This will have been caused my improper form on an exercise and I suspect dumbbell fly, no wonder I only see people using the machine rather than freeweights.

Guy at the gym showed me the arm rotation exercise with the elbow on my knee.

Still going to get it looked at though, getting paranoid about it :grayno:.

u should get it checked out the last thing u wanna do is have a dislocation it hurts like a bitch!

u should get it checked out the last thing u wanna do is have a dislocation it hurts like a bitch!

Yes, I hear that these muscles are the ones that hold the joint together properly :(.

yep they do and they take at leaset 6 months to stregnthen them and another 6 months to get then back to the same as the other arm. im half way there.

yep they do and they take at leaset 6 months to stregnthen them and another 6 months to get then back to the same as the other arm. im half way there.
does that include w*nking:roflmao:

I'd get struck off for making that diagnosis again :Dunce:.

It wasn't what I thought it was but a bicep tendon strain! Nothing serious though, just got me panicking.

Think it prompted me to do some RC exercises as a preventative measure though.

Back