Root Password for Laky Pro 1

jojolonomo

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm sure I must be doing something very stupid, but I just can't get the root password right when I FTP into Laky Pro 1. I've tried dbox , dbox2 , commander and some other words which are unprintable!

Anyone got any ideas before I re-flash the box with another image? Seems a bit extreme, but I'm really struggling here.

btw: I can telnet into the box, so is there a way I can reset the root password?

definently the username is root and the password is dbox2 so the problem is something else to do with connecting or settings, i use cute ftp pro and works fine

thought id forgotten the username/pass but can also confirm its root/dbox2

I'm sure I must be doing something very stupid, but I just can't get the root password right when I FTP into Laky Pro 1. I've tried dbox , dbox2 , commander and some other words which are unprintable!

Anyone got any ideas before I re-flash the box with another image? Seems a bit extreme, but I'm really struggling here.

btw: I can telnet into the box, so is there a way I can reset the root password?

Have you tried disabling your firewall. Do that then try again.

:drink:

personally i would flash it with an image that you can ftp to without using an ftp program to get you tv till the madness is over and you have some spare time, although lacky pro is good its a case of any port in a storm.

Thanks guys - as it turns out it was me being stupid. the password is indeed dbox2.

I've been using windows explorer and internet explorer - just because I was too lazy to fire up my old laptop with a real ftp program on it.

I installed Firezilla and guess what? It works fine.

Sorry for what turns out to have been a really daft question, but I guess the lesson for me is that you can't trust Micros*ft to do things properly!

Thanks again guys - I just needed the reassurance that the password was right.

Thanks guys - as it turns out it was me being stupid. the password is indeed dbox2.

I've been using windows explorer and internet explorer - just because I was too lazy to fire up my old laptop with a real ftp program on it.

I installed Firezilla and guess what? It works fine.

Sorry for what turns out to have been a really daft question, but I guess the lesson for me is that you can't trust Micros*ft to do things properly!

Thanks again guys - I just needed the reassurance that the password was right.

Hi man im haveing same problme and dident really understand what you had to do to fix this problme can u please help me as i am strugling loads thank u

Hi man im haveing same problme and dident really understand what you had to do to fix this problme can u please help me as i am strugling loads thank u

Don't use IE to connect to the box as an FTP client IE is pony download a free app... Filzila or Core FTP and try it again

Back