Adding a Monster VPN username & password

Bazil71

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello. I have purchased a Monster VPN & installed it into my Zgemma h2s box OK. I am trying to install it into my other box (same Zgemma h2s) & it will only let me put the first 4 letters of my username. It is doing the same for the password. Can someone PLEASE help? I'm new to this. What am i doing wrong?

Many THANKS
Bazil71

You running exactly the same image on both boxes mate .

Are you generating the OVPN Config on the monster site ?

You running exactly the same image on both boxes mate .

Are you generating the OVPN Config on the monster site ?
Not sure what you mean. As far as i know both boxes set up the same. What i did with the 1st box was fine it's working but the 2nd box only lets me put in the first 4 letters of my username. As i said i'm new to this so not so good with the technology.

How To Setup MonsterVPN on VU+ or other Enigma2 Satellite Boxes

Last Updated 9 months ago
1. Go to https://monstervpn.tech/myaccount and log in using the details from your welcome email.
2. Go to Generate OVPN Config.
3. Choose the server you would like to connect to and click Generate.
4. Save the OVPN Config file for the next step.
5. Rename the ovpn file to client.conf.
6. Open the client.conf in a text editor (for example Notepad++ and modify the line “auth-user-pass” so it reads “auth-user-pass password.conf” (without the quotes)
7. Create a password.conf file (create a text file named password.conf – make sure it does not have .txt at the end)
8. Find your welcome email or go to MonsterVPN Website -> My Account -> VPN Account Details and enter the email address and password into the password.conf file so the email and password are by themselves on separate lines, eg:
[email protected]
as89a9b90a
9. Create a new folder in your VU/Enigma box in the etc folder and name it openvpn. Then place the 2 files (client.conf, password.conf) into etc/openvpn.
10. Reboot your vu+
11. Go to Settings>Network>Services>openvpn and install it then start the OPENVPN service. Choose to autorun if you want to.

Back