Rooney ready to leave United

If Rooney's got anything about him,he should explain himself to the supporters and stop all the speculation.In my opinion hes been tapped up by another club,but as i say lets hope he's man enough to give us the answers.

met with David Gill [United chief executive] last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad," Rooney confirms.

"I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract."

Rooney also admitted he was shocked by Ferguson's comments on Tuesday, adding: "I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it.

"It is absolutely true, as he said, that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

"I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?

"For me its all about winning trophies - as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified."
Huge debt

The England star insisted that he would always 'owe' something to Ferguson.

"Despite recent difficulties, I know I will always owe Sir Alex Ferguson a

huge debt. He is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was only 18," he said.

"For Manchester United's sake I wish he could go on forever because he's a one off and a genius."

Valid point about wanting to know if club will bring in star names, but after one year where United did not win a major trophy (still won 1 piece of silverware) and only signed youngsters he decides the future is not a winning one for United and United have no ambition, so he needs to leave is retarded. Has he forgotten that only after Ronaldo left did he hit his career best form and was being touted as potentially the best player in the world, or does he want more super-star players coming in and him taking a back seat again?

His comments contradict itself anyway. He says he wants to win trophies, then he says as the club has always done under Sir Alex, what's he trying to say there? Does he hav some insight that Fergie is going to retire and the boss replacing him will be picked from the local chip shop?

Last edited:
Even i can't deny what Rooney has said! We haven't exactly replaced Ronaldo and Tevez! Also recent transfer activity has proven that there is no funds and i won't accept Fergies argument of no value. I was maybe a little hasty in what i said but still i don't think Rooney should be doing this in a moment where he is completely out of sorts!

a very well worded statement and at the end of the day only rooney knows what he's feeling inside... i agree with all the points in the statement and as all utd fans keep on saying, its bout time the glazer's fkd off!....... even if it was about the money which a lot of people are saying is the reason, rooney was never gona admit it...

at the end of the day IF he makes further appearances for the club, the fans should get behind him simply because we need as much cash as we can get in january and for that he obviously needs to be in decent form for anyone to put in an offer that is worth considering...

rooney can and will be replaced.. better and more influential players have come and gone, yet we just kept on going and going... it will be no different this time.. maybe this is kick up the backside for the glazer to spend some serious money on some top notch players...

maybe this is kick up the backside for the glazer to spend some serious money on some top notch players...

I dunno if you can it will mean borrowing more money on top of your repayments.

Obviously we all know utd as a brand is huge, but I think the days of buying players for 40 million is gone for utd, the glaziers have put a serious restraint around the necks of the club as its the club that is paying back the money they owe on buying the place.

Its mental that your board even allowed them to buy utd... they obviously knew they had to borrow a billion to buy the club or 800 million, and they took out the worst deal ever with 40 million a season in interest lol... madness.

Mickie

rooney can and will be replaced.. better and more influential players have come and gone, yet we just kept on going and going... it will be no different this time.. maybe this is kick up the backside for the glazer to spend some serious money on some top notch players...

They will have to. If they lose Rooney they lose the best marketing and merchandising tool they have, their best option is to keep hold of Rooney. If they lose him they will have to bring in a high profile star to help keep the income from marketing and merchandising flowing.

I'm talkin in financial terms here because that is all american businessmen think about

I have no doubt he will go, they have known for 2 months now and Fergies statement was just a last ditch attempt to appeal to him...but he will go, I personally think RM but if City make an offer the Glaziers can't resist, then they will take it to pay off some debt and throw Fergie a couple quid to buy someone who wont replace Shrek.

IF he goes to City...can you imagine what the poster will be like....no prizes for guessing.

I have no doubt he will go, they have known for 2 months now and Fergies statement was just a last ditch attempt to appeal to him...but he will go, I personally think RM but if City make an offer the Glaziers can't resist, then they will take it to pay off some debt and throw Fergie a couple quid to buy someone who wont replace Shrek.

IF he goes to City...can you imagine what the poster will be like....no prizes for guessing.

Cant see him leaving england tbh unless of course he and colleen are to split up as colleen has a seriously ill sister who i doubt she would leave.
City or Chelsea would have to be the likely destinations as they would pay top dollar. Or maybe as Roy hodgson has already stated utd could look towards Torres to replace him. Hey since were both skint maybe a swap deal is on the cards hahaha.
Football365 | Premier League | Liverpool News | HODGSON FEARS TORRES SWOOP
All in all if rooney goes utd will carry on regardless

Fergusion said before that it's all going to be put to bed tomorrow. Those in the know are expecting him to anounce that he won't play for United again as of tomorrow, but he door remains open.

Now Rooney has to decide what he is going to be doing for the next 2 and half months... He's going to be putting a few pounds on...

The Americans have to go, and the fans, the real true United fans, not the prawn eating tourists, have to get motivated and do something. Waving a green scarf around your head and chanting we want Glazers out is exactlly doing much, lol...

There is planned march weekend after next against Spurs... Well, I've got a funny feeling that isn't going to do much either... I think not buying tickets or shirts is the only way...

Last edited:
Just heard that rooney is going to city theyve offered him 60 grans a week !!

I keep seeing Man U fans suggesting swapping Rooney for Benzema plus 20 million, but I must say I dont think that Man U can afford to pay the 20 million.

I keep seeing Man U fans suggesting swapping Rooney for Benzema plus 20 million, but I must say I dont think that Man U can afford to pay the 20 million.

other way round m8... we get benzema + £30m (not £20m) and madrid get one of the world's most overrated player ;)

its a viable option... benzema is getting almost zero game time, some how rooney is valued at approx £45-£50m and i'd now value benzema at around £15m so the figures sorta added up...

Back