Rooney ready to leave United

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Wayne Rooney is ready to leave Manchester United for a world record fee in what would be a nightmare scenario for Reds fans.

The talismanic striker’s relationship with Sir Alex Ferguson is believed to have broken down and there are clear indications from those close to the player that he's not going to signthe new, improved extension to his contract.

United had wanted to make him the highest paid player in the club's history, topping the £130,000-a-week reputedly earned by skipper Rio Ferdinand.

But MEN Sport understands the Reds have been told of Rooney’s stance and could now be looking to cash in on the England ace sooner rather than later, with the club’s owners – the Glazers – keen not to lose him for free when his contract runs out at the end of next season.

And with Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona and even mega-rich rivals Manchester City all expected to launch a bidding war for Rooney, United will be looking for more than the £80m they got for Cristiano Ronaldo.

The United hierarchy rubbished reports of Rooney being shown the door in January, with a spokesman saying: “To suggest Wayne Rooney will be sold in January is nonsense.”

The eleven-word statement was an unprecedented move by the club who normally ignore transfer speculation.

But together with the apparent breakdown of his relationship with Fergie, the statement that only mentions him not being sold in January has raised the prospect of him leaving at the end of the current campaign.

Rooney started on the bench in United's 2-2 draw with West Brom on Saturday.

Rooney ready to leave United - Manchester Evening News

let him go, he's been shit since coming back from injury and doesn't look the same player, It would be nice to think SAF could spend the money but I doubt he would be allowed

let him go, he's been shit since coming back from injury and doesn't look the same player, It would be nice to think SAF could spend the money but I doubt he would be allowed

If rooney goes, then Man U will struggle. Yes he has lost form, yes his performances are below par, but he is still one of the best strikers in the world. The problem is, will United get more than 50 million for him? On current form, I doubt he will get 30 million for him.

Who are you going to replace him with? Your team is currently showing how little strength in depth you actually have, and with little or no monies to spend then you cannot strengthen. This whole Rooney situation reminds me of when he left Everton, so much for once a blue always a blue eh!

If rooney goes, then Man U will struggle. Yes he has lost form, yes his performances are below par, but he is still one of the best strikers in the world. The problem is, will United get more than 50 million for him? On current form, I doubt he will get 30 million for him.

Who are you going to replace him with? Your team is currently showing how little strength in depth you actually have, and with little or no monies to spend then you cannot strengthen. This whole Rooney situation reminds me of when he left Everton, so much for once a blue always a blue eh!

if we're offered close to £50m, i'd get rid of this overrated muppet...he isnt even worth that much. we've done well without him this season, our problems have been in midfield and defence. he has had one great season (last season) and one good season in 06/07. he has been pretty much average in the others... he's been a passenger ALL season so far.

He's lost touch with reality and is well and truely under the control of his distored cancer like ego. Once your ego becomes bigger than Old Trafford, it's time to go...

Some would call me a puritan, but I can't stand the boy after hooker-gate. He's shown little to no remorse for what he did, and personally, I'll judge the character of a man on his deeds, not on how good he is at booting a bit of leather around a grass park.

I blame the club for his current mentality. You would think that they would have a better support system in place to install some wisdom into these impressionable androids so they at least have a better chance of not convincing themselves they are some sort of Demi God above the laws of human decency.

And I'm going to say it... It wouldn't suprise me if this situation with Rooney's brat-itude is playing a large part in United's current lack of form.

I think he's scum, but partly blame him and partly the club and the FA for letting these people get like this in the first place (lack of education.)

I for one would be glad to see him leave... Let him go to Chelsea with all the other scumbags, he'll be right at home there...

He's lost touch with reality and is well and truely under the control of his distored cancer like ego. Once your ego becomes bigger than Old Trafford, it's time to go...

Some would call me a puritan, but I can't stand the boy after hooker-gate. He's shown little to no remorse for what he did, and personally, I'll judge the character of a man on his deeds, not on how good he is at booting a bit of leather around a grass park.

I blame the club for his current mentality. You would think that they would have a better support system in place to install some wisdom into these impressionable androids so they at least have a better chance of not convincing themselves they are some sort of Demi God above the laws of human decency.

And I'm going to say it... It wouldn't suprise me if this situation with Rooney's brat-itude is playing a large part in United's current lack of form.

I think he's scum, but partly blame him and partly the club and the FA for letting these people get like this in the first place (lack of education.)

I for one would be glad to see him leave... Let him go to Chelsea with all the other scumbags, he'll be right at home there...

how are the club to blame? u cannot educate someone who doesnt have a brain... u dont need education to tell you its wrong to visit hookers and you dont need to be educated to tell one that its wrong to cheat on ur missus.. look where and how this guy has been brought up. its in his blood to act like a thug and we've come across the hooker thing early in his career...

utd have always been a family club, always united as one.. family values are very important and as a utd player you have a responsibility to urself, ur family and the club.. we dont want typical scum like this guy to tarnish our reputation... no player is bigger than the club and if you go outta line then you're on ur way out.. i thought rooney would taken notice of how things work at utd i.e. beckham, stam, keane, yorke, van nistelrooy, heinze...

if rooney wasnt a footballer, he'd be the typical scally chavvy thug in a hoody that you see on street corners getting pissed! rooney is scum and has always been one... u can tell by his foul mouth tirades on the pitch towards the officials and i remember a while back people saying he was a better role model than ronaldo! hahaha... ronaldo has class, this guy should be cleaning sewage pipes...

fergie lied about the injury to protect him, to give him time to sort his personal problems and to keep him away from the pathetic media... yet he threw it back in fergie's and utd's face and you say that the club need a better support system? what more could they done to support and protect him? he was given time off from work to sort of his issues....

better support system? what more could they done to support and protect him? he was given time off from work to sort of his issues....

Like I say, I only partly blame the club. With players like Scholes what else can you say. What I'm saying is I'm sure they could do more for people like Rooney who need it more. Coming from the streets into unbelievable fortunes can effect people's psychology.

Rooney obviously has a very weak mental constitution, and I think football clubs like that in players so they can mould and brainwash them to jump through hoops as they please. But the combination of a very weak mental constitution + massive fortune + global megastardom = car crash waiting to happen.

Look at Suzan Boyle and how careful they have to be with her to keep her grounded and losing the plot... same with players like Rooney. I'm saying clubs and the FA could probably do a lot more, but the more they empower the players, the less power the clubs and managers have over them... In a way players like Rooney are victims of exploitation.

Like I say, I only partly blame the club. With players like Scholes what else can you say. What I'm saying is I'm sure they could do more for people like Rooney who need it more. Coming from the streets into unbelievable fortunes can effect people's psychology.

Rooney obviously has a very weak mental constitution, and I think football clubs like that in players so they can mould and brainwash them to jump through hoops as they please. But the combination of a very weak mental constitution + massive fortune + global megastardom = car crash waiting to happen.

Look at Suzan Boyle and how careful they have to be with her to keep her grounded and losing the plot... same with players like Rooney. I'm saying clubs and the FA could probably do a lot more, but the more they empower the players, the less power the clubs and managers have over them... In a way players like Rooney are victims of exploitation.

we dont what goes on behind the scenes at any club in terms of who they employ etc... football has come a very long way in all areas off the pitch and i believe utd do have a psychologist at the club but im not sure how and what he is used for... i know he is used for injuries, the likes of louis saha and currently owen hargreaves have been seeing him to help them mentally...

rooney obviosuly has his advisors but the club and fergie have always been there for him no matter what... even to the extent that they lied for him in front of the country's media... we have the greatest role models in the country at the club in scholes, giggs & neville. can even put van der sar and the great ole solskjaer up there who have ALWAYS stayed outta trouble...

to say he has been exploited to an extent or to blame anyone else for this rooney saga is wrong. rooney should man up, admit his mistakes and grow up.. if he wants to leave, have the balls to come out and say it.. but he should stopping have hissy fits and throwing his toys outta the pram... if things are as bad as the media report, i can see rooney gone in january and all in honesty i wont be disappointed...

How quick the worm turns. I cannot believe the backlash of the fans on here, and how quickly you have all turned on someone who has done so much for the club. If Rooney leaves, then it will become the start of an exodus. You already struggle to sign players due to the limited financial situation you have. Some of your best players are to retire very soon, leaving big gaps in the team. And now you want to sell your other prize asset in Rooney.

Soon you will be the #2 team in Manchester, and could face a big slip down the table, as who are you going to replace him with? He may have his faults, but he is world class and a game changer, perhaps its time for him to move on.

How quick the worm turns. I cannot believe the backlash of the fans on here, and how quickly you have all turned on someone who has done so much for the club. If Rooney leaves, then it will become the start of an exodus. You already struggle to sign players due to the limited financial situation you have. Some of your best players are to retire very soon, leaving big gaps in the team. And now you want to sell your other prize asset in Rooney.

Soon you will be the #2 team in Manchester, and could face a big slip down the table, as who are you going to replace him with? He may have his faults, but he is world class and a game changer, perhaps its time for him to move on.

sorry m8 but ive never rated him... just like any other player, no-one is bigger than the club. why cant people understand that?? everything going on in this saga is rooney's fault, no one else is to blame...

rooney world class?? game changer?? he is just another crap over-hyped, overrated english player just like all the other english players... the world cup proved this...

i've heard £50m + benzema is some reports today, i'd take that in a hearbeat...

i've heard £50m + benzema is some reports today, i'd take that in a hearbeat...

RM have already dismissed even entering the race for Rooney, so the above is pure fantasy. I would be suprised if you could get 50m for him! Nevermind Benzema on top.

Also you may want to check the stats of Man U, when Rooney has played, and when he aint. Its very suprising reading, you win 72% of games with him in side, and only 51% without him. You also score more than 2 goals a game with him in side, and just over 1 per game without.

So although you dont rate him, or feel he is a game changer, the stats would disagree with you. I bet you felt the same about Tevez too, overrated South American, blah blah blah. Look at him now, banging for City, scored 19 in last 18 games or something.

Also who is going to replace Rooney? Because lets be honest Berbatov aint going to do the donkey work, and plays when he wants. So who you going to replace Shrek with, as I said above Benzema aint an option as far as RM are concerned.

Last edited:
They should sell Rooney if he wants to go no player is bigger then the club after all Ronaldo went and he was the best in the World.

Rooney is pathetic out of form and his off field antics bring shame to the club (This is Manchester United not Chelsea where they accept anything). He has been rightfully dropped as he is playing awful his touch on the ball is unbelievably poor for a player many consider World Class!

He shouldn't be chucking his toys out the pram rather sort his game and out and earn his place back in the team the idiot. As for Sir Alex he did the things he felt necessary to protect this moron and he chucks it back in his face and the clubs.

There are reports that indicate he wanted 200k a week well quite frankly he does not deserve anything near that amount if he wants to go then good bye. When your paying £1500 a night for a bang and you pay £200 for a pack of cigarettes you must be doing reasonably well financially. If he stays and sorts his mess out with his talking on the pitch then fair enough either way as a United fan we will only be upset the day Sir Alex calls it quits and our to two legends in Scholes and Giggs decide to call it a day.

As for those who believe United can't afford for this to happen we have lost players before of much better quality and we will continue to do what we do best and that is have success on the pitch in Sir Alex we have 100% faith. The financial situation at Old Trafford isn't one to be joyous about but believe you me the Glazers aren't daft and will know investment would be needed and we could see some major arrivals. Benzema from Real Madrid would be an option along with the 1 from the likes of Aguero, Sneijder, Sanchez, Pato and many more possibilities.

How quick the worm turns. I cannot believe the backlash of the fans on here.

Lol, just like players who kiss the badge, then next week blow a kiss at the fans when they jibb them off for another club...

I think the thing to remember here is that all of this is specualtion. These football agents are bastards for stiring it and creating spin when contracts are due to be signed. I don't think they can use the "my clients wife isn't happy living in [insert city/country here]" and wants to be in a warmer climate closer to her family."

Think they have ran that one into the ground and Coleen wants to be close to her sister in Alder Hey so they had to engineer some BS up to help United put the ticket prices up so Wayne can have even more money to stuff down his underpants.

RM have already dismissed even entering the race for Rooney, so the above is pure fantasy. I would be suprised if you could get 50m for him! Nevermind Benzema on top.

Also you may want to check the stats of Man U, when Rooney has played, and when he aint. Its very suprising reading, you win 72% of games with him in side, and only 51% without him. You also score more than 2 goals a game with him in side, and just over 1 per game without.

So although you dont rate him, or feel he is a game changer, the stats would disagree with you. I bet you felt the same about Tevez too, overrated South American, blah blah blah. Look at him now, banging for City, scored 19 in last 18 games or something.

Also who is going to replace Rooney? Because lets be honest Berbatov aint going to do the donkey work, and plays when he wants. So who you going to replace Shrek with, as I said above Benzema aint an option as far as RM are concerned.

i've ALWAYS rated tevez and everyone on the forum will tell you that. if you've been following the utd thread on here on a regular basis ive always said that we should have signed tevez before we signed berbatov... my last post in the utd thread either yesterday or earlier had a little tevez tribute too lol... fergie stubborness & arrogance cost us an outstanding player...

as for RM, they're saying no now but believe me if rooney comes out and says i wanna go, then they'll be interested and benzema will become an option as he just isnt getting any game time...

p.s. i dont rate him and dont think he's worth £50m but if u think he's world class then surely we should get £50m? i mean james milner cost £25m and no waaaay is he considered world class...

i've ALWAYS rated tevez and everyone on the forum will tell you that. if you've been following the utd thread on here on a regular basis ive always said that we should have signed tevez before we signed berbatov... my last post in the utd thread either yesterday or earlier had a little tevez tribute too lol... fergie stubborness & arrogance cost us an outstanding player...

as for RM, they're saying no now but believe me if rooney comes out and says i wanna go, then they'll be interested and benzema will become an option as he just isnt getting any game time...

p.s. i dont rate him and dont think he's worth £50m but if u think he's world class then surely we should get £50m? i mean james milner cost £25m and no waaaay is he considered world class...

I dont think Everton would buy him back mate.

I dont really follow the thread for the above reason, just been posting in it today. But am suprised at the backlash from the fans.

I dont think Everton would buy him back mate.

I dont really follow the thread for the above reason, just been posting in it today. But am suprised at the backlash from the fans.

think u misunderstood me m8 lol.. i meant if u personally think he's world class then surely we should get £50m? if not, how much do you think he's worth considering milner cost £25m and david villa cost £34m?

think u misunderstood me m8 lol.. i meant if u personally think he's world class then surely we should get £50m? if not, how much do you think he's worth considering milner cost £25m and david villa cost £34m?

I think its all relative mate, and the price Man City paid for milner was a premium. As was Villa, because of his buy out clause. It dont matter what I think anyway, I dont have the cash to buy him. I think you would struggle on his current form to get more than 40 million, but thats a nice chunk of interest paid for the glazers. ;)

its a sellers market, he will go for more than he's worth simply because he's availble.

if all top strikers where availale at the same time he wouldnt fetch half as much as the clubs buying would go for torres and villa types before him.

its whats available at the time and who's intrested that dictates the price/value.

Back