Robbin Retailers !!!

chrispeters

Elite Member
Reaction score
This music shop i use for my Live PA stuff ( i am a working singer in clubs ).
Anyway ..
I see a really nice Bose L1 system that cost £3000 , and i want to trade .
I sell the shop my system
4 EV speakers (2 tops , 2 bins) + Dynacord powered 1000 watt mixer amp (700w a side)
i ALSO give them £1500 in cash !
They said TRY the bose system and if you do not like it , we will give you your old system back and a full refund !
Great , what could go wrong...win win .

Week goes by , i gig the bose twice , its great , but simply NOT LOUD enough for the clubs i do .
So i took it back ...the retailer had already SOLD ALL my part ex gear ! so now im panicking .
the manager said i will have to sell you new items similar to your part ex gear .
The 4 EV speakers band new came to £1500
Dynacord was a NEWER Mk3 Digital mixer which was 1000watts per side @ £1900
Which totalled £3400 ... they MADE ME pay the balance of £400 (£3000 stood me on the bose)
So im thinking arseholes they got me here ! i NEED my old setup back so i paid.
Bear in mind guys , this deal has now COST ME £1900 in CASH to get anywheree near my old system back .

Ok i gig the NEW system...The newer version of the dynacord is terrible !
NOWHERE near as good as the previous model i originally had......
i know someone who is retiring and sellin the exact MK2 mixer i had for £800 !
So i thought .." i know , i will get a refund on the new mixer amp at the retailer and get £1900 refund , pay £800 for the second hand mixer ,and keep £1100 back in bank to recover at least some of my £1900 hit "...
Good idea ...i will be £800 quid down for a really bad decision , makes sense right ? i was happy to live with that.

I phoned the retailer (bear in mind i had the mixer for 4 DAYS . website terms are a full refund within 7 days )
They wont take it back ..it brand new still boxed.
They saying it was a part ex deal and cannot give full refund on it !
im gutted , and skint ! feel like i have been robbed !
surely something is wrong somewhere , what do you guys think ?

You could try threatening them with the Trading standards office, they do state 7 day refund, might make them see sense

Feel for you m8, Robbing gits

If you've bought as a business, you've not got much hope other than small claims court.

If you bought as an individual, is this distance selling or done face to face as different rules apply?

If the whole transaction was done over distance, i.e. via the internet, over the phone, and/or mail order, you are covered by the Distance Selling Regs. There is a part-ex clause in the DSR, but it doesn't appear to apply as there is still an applicable refund period.

If even part of the transaction was done face-to-face you've only really got the Sale of Goods Act to fall back on. In which case your argument is "not fit for purpose" ;)

All my opinion. If you require proper legal advice, please consult a solicitor, CAB and/or Trading Standards.

Cheers guys, Today.....
after loads of threats and arguing with the director , they have agreed to a full refund of the mixer amp
Which still puts me out of pocket by a fair amount , but i can live with that !
Expensive mistake

Glad things are looking a bit better for you Chris.

Apart from the financial loss, to end up with a worse system than you started with must be horrible.

Back