RGH Xbox 360 - Kit rquired

leemoo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of having a go at this myself but can I confirm what I would need for a phat 360 install please.

I am thinking the following will be needed:

* NAND-X USB Update Cable
* NAND-X & CoolRunner Phat QSB Install Kit

Will I need a capacitor also?

And will a USB 360 NAND Programmer be needed or will the NAND-X USB Update Cable do the job on its own?

Thanks for the help guys.

the update cable is to update nandx. You will need nandx to read nand and write ecc file. Jrunner programmer is considerably cheaper and does job too.

So I'd probably be best getting "NAND-X RGH Edition" or "TX COOLRUNNER PHAT BUNDLE" or the final option could be the "Matrix Nand Programmer Spi Flasher V1.0 For Xbox 360" along with the update cable and QSB kit?

[EDIT] Just looking again and think "NAND-X RGH Edition" doesn't have the programmer with it anyway so I would still need to purchase that!

Last edited:
According to one authorised TX reseller, new bundles are going to be out soon. It may be worth waiting a bit.

Going off past experience I'd stay away from the quick solder boards.

Not that I am a pro are any thing, but I'm good at soldering, just that the QSB's are a bit fiddly rather than wires direct to the board for the nand read/writing.

If you do order them make sure you get the correct ones. I know the 1st set i got was incorrect.

Any way, a decent fibre glass pen and the tools and you'll be fine.

IMG_0137.jpg

then after you've cleaned them...

IMG_0143.jpg

here's one of the QSB that was soldered in.....if you mess em up you don't have much play/give with them (if any at all)

IMG_0156.jpg

in the end I just decided to go for the wires attached direct to the board (sorry not the best picture here)

IMG_0173.jpg

There tiny the little points on the back of the boards.

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

This is the hardest one me thinks.....

IMG_0214.jpg

here it is wired in, (with the correct QSB's this time!....I think, please check it out before ordering...I know I done it the wrong way round at 1st)

IMG_0234.jpg

So yeah, my self was a steep learning curve, times have come on leaps and bounds since December, so I'm sure some one will advise, there's a few good chaps about, dave, oggy, abu etc.

Oh and for the benefit of the tape it didn't make it, what ever you do make sure you have 2 good read's and compared before writing any thing back to it...you don't want her to end up in the great xbox place in the sky (sitting next to the one that didn't make it at xmas!)

nandheaven.jpg

have fun..

@ Abu - what's the "jrunner" then, an automated all singing and dancing flasher/reader/writer?

Jtag tool looked good at xmas, has it come on at all, How's everyone doing them these days?

Cheers

Last edited:
My copy of Jtag tool does not work anymore. It tries to check for updates and stops working because the server it is looking for does not exist anymore.

JRunner program does all reading, comparing and ecc build like Jtag tool.

Jrunner programmer is another product by TX. At £15 it is better than buying a cheap reader/writer and another lpt programmer for the coolrunner board. h**p://www.modtraders.co.uk/jr-programmer.html

Nice one. Thanks for that.

Sounds like it's come on leaps and bounds in just 6 month.

Dibbs.

so does the "jrunner" replace thenand-x?

just going to have a read about them.....

EDIT:

Also comes with NAND installation wires that have the connectors that are compatible with the NAND-X QSB boards. If you don't use the QSB's you can simply cut off the connectors and do a normal wires only install. :)

I might get the old soldering iron out like!

07-06-201221-26-34.jpg

Last edited:
I have decided to have a go at flashing my drive and if i eventually get that sorted i think that will give me the confidence to go on and give this a go....well maybe lol

Stick at it man, have a blast, get some practice on some old boards of the like if it's the soldering side of things, I'm going to be having another go me thinks with the looks of the new kit that Abu posted about....:)

Think Dibbers must have snapped up all the Jrunners from Abu's link LOL. No mention of them on the site either now. You snooze you lose!
Abu, do you think the Jrunner is the best option or you mentioned about some new kit on its way....is it worth waiting for that?

lol! not yet mate, been so busy....defo going to grab one but as you say might as well wait until the new one's out....

The software works with LPT, TX Nand-x, as well as DarkstarTM based SPI programmers.

The Nand-x is faster than the J-R hardware.

I presume the new bundles will be J-R programmer, QSB, and Cool Runner "C" at possibly £35 mark.

Hi again guys...sorry to be boring you again with this but I have noticed this on http://mrmodchips.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=800#!prettyPhoto[pp_gal]/0/ "Team Xecuter Nand-X 3.0 USB 360 Programmer Kit" for £26.95 which includes

NAND-X’s features:
Fast USB 360 NAND Programming
Rock Solid 60Mhz ARM Controller
Easy Install System for both NAND and JTAG
Includes Quick Solder Connection Kit For NAND
Includes Quick Solder Connection Kit For JTAG Hack (All Version Motherboards)
Includes Optional Pin Header Connection Kit For NAND
Includes Optional Pin Header Connection Kit For JTAG Hack (All Version Motherboards)
Built-in Programmer For Future NAND-X Firmware Upgrades (Windows App Available)
Designed For Additional Add-ons
Proven Technology – Based On NAND Pro Design
100% Compatible with NAND Pro
Rock Solid Design – Tested by many JTAGER’S
High Quality & Trusted Xecuter Design
Complete with ALL cables required including USB
Multiple NAND & JTAG Connection Kits Sold Separately for Bulk Installers (NOW AVAILABLE!!)

Could someone just confirm, that if I get this, thats all I will need to to do the RGH and I won't need to purchase anything more?

Cheers

You would still need the coolrunner , also are you going direct wire install , as i dont think you get the QSB`s for the RGH.

So its not really a programmer kit as advertised as you still need extra stuff.
Starting to think it may well be getting sent off to yet dave lol

Cheers for the reply mate

Back