Return Of The Death Penalty! Vote Now?

Should the death penalty be brought back?

• YES

Votes: 154 76.6%
  • NO

Votes: 47 23.4%

• Total voters
no i didn`t miss the point,i think you missed my point,nobody has said that the death penalty should be brought back for crimes like benefit fraud(just an example by the way as was karmy`s)he was just been immature.
Lol, I think you completely missed the point.

Last edited:
because for all the people clamouring for the death penalty being brought back, I sincerely doubt that any of them would actually put pen to paper and apply to end the lives of criminals.

You do not know me and believe me do not doubt me I would put pen to paper without a doubt in my mind. You have your opinion on the dealth pently I have mine please dont second guess what I would do or others in that situation. I would sign it and not even look back at what I had done

You do not know me and believe me do not doubt me I would put pen to paper without a doubt in my mind. You have your opinion on the dealth pently I have mine please dont second guess what I would do or others in that situation. I would sign it and not even look back at what I had done

You would sign the job application?

Not sure about that. There are plenty of sickos out there looking for kicks. : grim :

Why do you call them sickos and looking for kicks ? maybe all they want is justice to be seen are you calling people who have had there children murdered sicks and looking for kicks if they want the murderer executed . Would you face them face to face and call them sickos ?

so you are telling me that you would bring back the death penalty to combat the frustration some people have with the criminal justice system in the UK?

I dont suppose you are able to point out what the general feeling of frustration revolves around are you? Facts please if you can.

Killing people who have committed crimes in order to get over a form of frustration is ridiculous. I, for one, am frustrated about the way crimes are tackled in the UK. My main bugbear is benefit fraud - clearly the death penalty should be brought back.

Nonsense.

Its not frustration is JUSTICE and why the hell should I pay to keep some low life scum were not talking about death penatly for benefit fraud were talking about people taking a LIFE and yes im frustrated also with the justice system but I bet if you put it to the peoples vote it would be brought back tomorrow this country is in the state its in becoz of do gooders wonder if they would be the same if their child had been murdered .Some people need to get into the real world every one has choices to make you can make the right one or the wrong one if you make the wrong one then there are consquences to pay

You would sign the job application?

YES have you not read my posts let me say again I am in favour of the death penalty AND YES AND I DONT THINK I WOULD BE THE ONLY ONE EITHER there you go just incase people miss what I am saying

are you reading these posts,vixen has just said she would,please keep up:specsavers:

I was clarifying that she knew what she was signing. The way the reply was worded was unclear on that point.

......and yes, i am quite capable of keeping up, and even overtaking if necessary.

Why do you call them sickos and looking for kicks ? maybe all they want is justice to be seen are you calling people who have had there children murdered sicks and looking for kicks if they want the murderer executed . Would you face them face to face and call them sickos ?

There you go again. :grayno: Please read post #129 which I was replying to.

i fully understood what vixen was saying,actually i can`t see what was unclear and if you have read her replies to this thread surely you could have guessed what her answer would have been.
I was clarifying that she knew what she was signing. The way the reply was worded was unclear on that point.

......and yes, i am quite capable of keeping up, and even overtaking if necessary.

In that case then, you either deliberately misrepresented what I was saying, or failed to understand what I was saying.

I dont do anything deliberately or fail to mis understand anything are you getting personal now like you normally do when I post ?

Last edited:
i fully understood what vixen was saying,actually i can`t see what was unclear and if you have read her replies to this thread surely you could have guessed what her answer would have been.

Thank you I thought I had been consistant thoughtout this thread I think some just like baiting me ahhhh well lol lol

I dont do anything deliberately or fail to mis understand anything are you getting personal now like you normally do when I post ?

Why do you always regard it as a personal attack when someone disagrees with you.:confused:

I'm tempted to say "Don't take it personally", but this seems to upset you as well.

Despite my attempts to clarify things, you still don't seem to grasp what I'm getting at. I can't help that, but if it upsets you, I'll stop trying. :end:

I always know what I am saying and I have just looked at the post in question and I cant see where it was unclear what I meant

please point me to any post that says the death penalty should be brought back for crimes like benefit fraud,we are talking more serious crimes so don`t get smarmy with me your too young m8.

no one is being smarmy, only condescending so far - and that hasnt been me...

As for killing serious offenders as punishment, ok - what crimes do you all think should get the death penalty?

I gather that some people on this thread dont really understand what this sentence used to mean in the UK. The death sentence in the UK was handed out for a strange collection of crimes, such as arson in a royal dockyard (clearly this needed a punsihment by death).

By the end of the death penalty era (when the UK was coming to its senses) only six crimes were punishable by death, they were all murder related - but get this. If you went and murdered someone, then you wouldnt get the death penalty unless you used a gun, caused an explosion, killed someone whilst commiting burglary, killed a policeman, were a prisoner and you killed a prison officer or if you just happened to kill two people at different times.

Now, when I first looked at this thread I thought that we still had the death penalty. I remember when I left school in '96 that someone was sentenced to death in england, the news report I watched explained that this was always commuted by the home secretary. I just found out that this was indeed the case - the death sentence was retained up untill 1998, but was always revoked by parliament.

In history, the death penalty has been handed out for treason, murder and theft only. Crimes such as rape have not been normally associated with the death penalty. In modern times, treason could be translated to terrorism - but strangely only one person has ever been given the death sentence for terror acts in the UK (during the troubles) and this was commuted to life.

So go on, what would you all like to see the death sentence used for? Speeding? Or perhaps theft? Things like murder and child abuse stick out imo, would that salve your blood lust?

To be brutally honest, when we did have the death penalty it didnt act as a deterrent to crime and it didnt prevent any crimes being commited. So what would be the purpose of bringing it back now?

Also, whilst I was reading about this I found a number of cases where people who were innocent were sent to the gallows. Think on this - if you did ever get the chance to vote on this and you said yes - how would you feel when the first innocent person was executed?

As for killing serious offenders as punishment, ok - what crimes do you all think should get the death penalty?

?
women who leave there kids or any fooker that leaves their kids alone or any fooker that does any thing to kids

kill the lot of the fookers they deserve it
and on the other hand may be some murderers and rapist when they have time to fit them in

Why do you always regard it as a personal attack when someone disagrees with you.:confused:

I'm tempted to say "Don't take it personally", but this seems to upset you as well.

Despite my attempts to clarify things, you still don't seem to grasp what I'm getting at. I can't help that, but if it upsets you, I'll stop trying. :end:

I dont always take it as a personal attack when someone doesnt agree with me only when u try and get personal I have pmed you before about this and I grasp everything ur getting at and it doesnt upset me I expect it from you in a lot of ur replies and not only on mine in posts you seem to love to wind people up to get a response . to try and belittle them maybe ur not used to a woman standing up for what she believes in but hey you have found one know who wont I repeat sit and take it . So thank you now for saying up stop trying its much appreciated . And as for your attempts to clarify things I will say what I say to my class try harder

Back