Return Of The Death Penalty! Vote Now?

Should the death penalty be brought back?

• YES

Votes: 154 76.6%
  • NO

Votes: 47 23.4%

• Total voters
it costs over £100,000 per year to keep a prisoner in a british jail and we cant even ask them to mop out their cell?

Are you talking about private jails or state runs jails?

According to yahoo answers the estimated cost for a UK prison place is usually quoted at something like £37,500 per year.

We could save a fortune if we hung them. The debate seems to have veered well away from the origional question. To prison overcrowding, taxes and imigration as well now.

thebigman

yes but my point is if you got rid of the more serious criminals,alot of that money could be put to good use.So it is to do with the original question.
We could save a fortune if we hung them. The debate seems to have veered well away from the origional question. To prison overcrowding, taxes and imigration as well now.

thebigman

I agree with what James Stannage said on his radio talk show a few years ago. He said criminals in prison for serious crimes such as murderers and pedophiles should be given the option each night of taking a lethal cocktail to end their own life. This way it wouldn't be murder, jails would be less overcrowded and the taxpayers would be paying less to imprison criminals.

yes but my point is if you got rid of the more serious criminals,alot of that money could be put to good use.So it is to do with the original question.
I,m not quite sure what you mean by getting rid of the more serious criminals. By repatriating them they havent commited any crime in their own country so we would effectivly be setting them free and saying to foriegn nationals they can come here and commit crimes the worst that can happen is you'll get set home. I do think that any foriegn national who commits a serious crime here should be sent back where they came from when theis sentence is over as they've forfieted their right to remain by commiting a serious crime.

thebigman

If prison is such a cushy option maybe we should let all the prisoners out and set them to work to pay for us non-criminals to be comfortably banged up.

yes i agree with this,but you know this government will just set them up in a nice house.
I do think that any foriegn national who commits a serious crime here should be sent back where they came from when theis sentence is over as they've forfieted their right to remain by commiting a serious crime.

thebigman

I've been away for awhile . . . . . not in nick just away from DW!!! . . . .but I'm back now. As far as this vote goes I definitely agree that mass murderers and paedos should be given the heave ho but for cable hackers and the like . . . nooooooo!!

Back