Replies to questions left in Download Centre Feedback section

Zorch

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Please excuse my sarcasm here... but why is it that any questions related to the 'TM Twin' that are posted in the 'Feedback' section of the 'Download Centre' get an (almost) immediate reply/answer... yet numerous questions relating to "other TM models" sit in there for (what seems like) an eternity... and get no reply/answer whatsoever...

What's the point of having a 'Feedback' section (for the whole TM range of receivers) if only certain questions about certain TM models are ever answered in there...?

I do appreciate (the fact) that the 'TM Twin' is the current 'TM Flagship' receiver... so any questions relating to this model will probably get priority when it comes to replies/answers... but what about all the rest of us TM owners/enthusiasts who do not have a 'TM Twin'... are our questions now to be ignored...?

I visit the 'Download Centre' regularly... and I couldn't help but notice that lots of TM owners/enthusiasts have (repeatedly) posted genuine polite questions/queries in the 'Feedback' section... and yet very few of them get any reply at all... several of the questions asked can only be answered by the people who post the replies... questions like this...

"Its been a few weeks now since we were promised all problems would be sorted out by you issuing a 'universal' patch where all current TM models would be able to open everything available alongside latest softcams, plus all the other problems reported by many of us would be addressed!

Any progress yet please, especially bearing in mind the 'test' patches you've already tried for the TM53xx and TM54xx receivers?"

Surely it can't be too difficult to answer that one... and the same goes for several other questions/queries left in there also... all we are asking for are honest (prompt) answers to our questions... I don't think that's unreasonable... do you...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

I think we should all buy the TM Twin. Problem solved.

Meanwhile back on planet Earth, I really don't think they're interested any more.
TM seem to have come to the conclusion that it's OK to provide worst in class support to their consumers and they expect we will keep on coming back to spend our £'s on future models.
Not likely.

Chopps

i been my self posting feed backs what needs to b fixsed on NON-LINUX for 2 years but all i had in there has been ignored or they dont like it and they deleted it, thats why i gave up now and soon when my TM well be finshed i well be going for an other stb beacouse were talking to the brick wall

i been my self posting feed backs what needs to b fixsed on NON-LINUX for 2 years but all i had in there has been ignored or they dont like it and they deleted it, thats why i gave up now and soon when my TM well be finshed i well be going for an other stb beacouse were talking to the brick wall
I feel just like you m8, no more TM for me once I feel the need to upgrade to a new receiver, the TM team don't understand wen people that ave been loyal to them ad enough of empty promises

Last edited:
The question quoted by Zorch was one I posted in the Download Centre weeks ago, now superceded by another I did last week re the 'universal' patch we've all been asking TM for for nearly 16 months - yet despite our very sensible suggestions about merging together for example all the 'best bits' in patches 726P, 737P and the later ones with the EPG, TNT Sat, etc mods, we are STILL up the creek without a paddle, regards C Ned on 19E, etc etc etc - blimey it really CANT be rocket science as stated previously?
Surely these software 'experts' must still have master copies of the older patches - surely they havent ditched them all?:Cheers:

I am beginning to think that TM no longer have anyone who fully understands the software as the previous upgrades are just hit & miss anyone with the knowledge of the software would not be releasing patches that supposedly upgrade the receiver to the detriment of the current software this is why I have gone back to 7.37p on the TM6900HD as all the upgrades since have corrupted the once stable software due to lack of knowledge in upgrading the patch,

I think it is time to move on to another STB manufacturer as TM no longer has the technical expertise that it once had to support the current batch of new receivers TM5402HD blind scan glitch finding 45,000 symbol rate when a low symbol rate is in use,

The TM5302HD was not fit for release with several problems in the software the receiver only became just about usable after 5 upgrades some issues are still outstanding: HD info when SD channel selected on some,no channel sort satellites & transponders on board & no channel editor for this receiver,crazy symbol rate set up for blind scan,

Combined with the current problems of the TM6900HD slow signal response with the latest software making channel lock on blind scans unreliable ???? Goodbye TM I have had enough of your empty promises of support.

Feedback - to cap EVERYTHING else they've done or NOT done, the Download Centre has now scrapped/deleted the contents of the 'Feedback' section!!
Wonder if its accidentally - or even, dare I say it ON PURPOSE?? lol!!:Boo:

Hi holmroad,

Feedback - to cap EVERYTHING else they've done or NOT done, the Download Centre has now scrapped/deleted the contents of the 'Feedback' section!!
Wonder if its accidentally - or even, dare I say it ON PURPOSE?? lol!!:Boo:

Are you sure mate...?

I'm currently looking at the Feedback section in the Download centre... and everything is still in there... all 15 pages... nothing has disappeared for me... are you really seeing an empty Feedback section...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Simple answer they dont give a ****, they clearly think were a bunch of sheep who will blindly continue to buy their products and they will continue to do this until they get hit in their pockets by members NOT falling for their crap.
I have no problem with the TM hardware it always has been up to a good standard but the treatment of their customers (us) is appalling and well below the standard we should expect after parting with out hard earned money.
WAKE UP TM you can still turn the tide and regain your customers respect but thats only if you want to, carry on the way you are and no one will believe anything you say actions speak louder than words.

Its back now - maybe they were having their periodic clearout? lol!!!
It was DEFFO nothing there earlier, but now much of it is back - with answers, mostly to what I personally consider to be the 'minor' queries on the more minor receivers - all as Zorch said at the start of his thread!
Curiouser and curiouser!:Cheers:

Its back now - maybe they were having their periodic clearout? lol!!!
It was DEFFO nothing there earlier, but now much of it is back - with answers, mostly to what I personally consider to be the 'minor' queries on the more minor receivers - all as Zorch said at the start of his thread!
Curiouser and curiouser!:Cheers:

Maybe they read the thread? you never know. To be honest I've always liked the TM receivers BUT any receiver needs to be judged not only on the build quality but also on the software backup and in my opinion the software is the more important of the two.
Plenty of receiver manufactures can turn out a well built receiver but the backup has to be there or it will fail.

Maybe we should ask the investigators from the panorama or watchdog tv programs to investigate this company.
It could be very interesting indeed to know what they are really doing.

It seems clear that for many months (perhaps years) TM is no longer able to provide sufficient support and obviously does nothing to remedy them.
Many promises were made, but finally nothing concrete.
Feedbacks are ignored, annoying comments are deleted.
stop to hope ... and especially to buy their products.
no more support = no more sales

Tm need to understand this kind of receivers are sold because people that own them write good or bad things about them, and new potential customers that reads forums like this one, were the customers of TM are unhappy about there support, will buy different make of receivers

tbh I thought it was just there linux receivers that had problems ?

tbh I thought it was just there linux receivers that had problems ?

I think that maybe their TM linux models are currently the only ones which ARE doing ok? lol!!:Cheers:

lol no there not mate lol

Hi again all,

I notice that yet another question about the 'TM Twin' (posted this afternoon) in the 'Feedback' section of the 'Download centre' has again been answered virtually straight away...

Download center

...meanwhile there are still several non-linux receiver questions that remain unanswered... it really beggars belief... I get the impression that a lot of us are just being ignored...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi again all,

I notice that yet another question about the 'TM Twin' (posted this afternoon) in the 'Feedback' section of the 'Download centre' has again been answered virtually straight away...

Download center

...meanwhile there are still several non-linux receiver questions that remain unanswered... it really beggars belief... I get the impression that a lot of us are just being ignored...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

My paranoia makes me think they post the questions themselves then answer them, that way people can see how excellent the support is!!!
Silly me for ever thinking that.

That question about the Twin was not posted by TM. The same question was deleted without being answered a few weeks ago.

Back