Replay Box Update 744

thanks a million my replay box works again, i thought it was dead & gone.
t/pest West Yorkshire.

Thanks, now hopefully the rest of the problems will be sorted out as fast.

Jazzy.

Thanks

Cheers elite

Replaybox back up and running....seems a little bit less stable than the previous 742...but I'm not complaining!!!

elite786 said:
u need to start a scan from 160 - 866

some areas freq start from 160 so if u scanned before then most likely missed the channels.

elite786

Thanks Elite I will give it a try.

Bic....

Hi Guys,

which one is the working file for replaybox now?

thanks in advance

anyone know if there is a new software/ image version due out ?.
744 was the last.
afpe45.

Hi Gents,

Is there an image update expected anytime soon for these?

Thankx

box still ok running but still getting very bad gliching will the glitching ever be sorted out i have tried loads of boosters antenuators all sorts nothing helps my gliching : shocked2

Dont think that will ever be fixed on the Replay.
You will need to buy a new box if it bothers you too much.

Do we think the topic title should be changed to reflect the new firmware available for the Replay PVR/Lite ? Might stop noobs getting confused to what firmware they should install !

Dont think that will ever be fixed on the Replay.
You will need to buy a new box if it bothers you too much.

Do we think the topic title should be changed to reflect the new firmware available for the Replay PVR/Lite ? Might stop noobs getting confused to what firmware they should install !

Fair point Lanstom

NEW USERS - THE REPLAY LITE IS THE SMALL SILVER BOX (about 30cm by 20 cm bay 6 cm). THE 'REPLAY' BEING TALKED ABOUT IS MUCH BIGGER AND USES A PC HARD DRIVE FOR RECORDING' TV PROGRAMS.

The full Replay is very old by todays standards (if you bought an 'OK - Mid Range' PC/Laptop 3 years ago - would anyone be singing its praises now - or would you naturally justify it as a not bad for it's age?

To be fair to the Replay it was a 'not bad but not without well documented faults - cable thieving PVR unit' in its time... ;) ?)

There were (from memory) a shed load of users who slated it because it glitched, hung, didn't work for their favourite sports channel. (And in those days the few idiots who simply posted whatever their cable pimp told them to post - from what I see now that's less of a problem)

Looking back (and 2 to 3 years is a long time these days... given what they got for free, what they could record for free, could pre-program and all the other benefits which seem to have been overlooked) - if you complain at this stage in the game - you really should pay your subs ;) - ALL of these boxes pay for themselves in about 12 weeks - the Full Replay probably took about 24 to justify the additional cost (at it's time).

As is written in the 'Replay Handbook' - click on the lnk for the 'definitive guide.... 'Cable theft is not actually a God given right' ....LOL

Bottom line is the new range of PVR chips are much faster/more efficient than anything bought back then.

Pretty sure the new PVR boxes which come from the 'Replay' stable - should/if/when they arrive.... will still be a good bit better than the SV PVR. Time will tell! ;)

Last edited:
replay box

Here Here ensonic. I did'nt relise that they were 2/3 years old!!! still mines still going with the odd glitch here and there! just got use to it now! God and whatever i do get its all freeeeeeeeeeee : colors1

here here ensonic bout time we had others who are willing to admit that this machine is not as bad as most clowns are making out. like someone wrote on this forum before. The only true reason to slag em off is so that those who may or may not be in the loop to get the chance to buy the boxes cheap off your average numpty cable thief, who flogs it on fleabay for less than what they paid.

If you ask me Its just not the british way of doing things.

Despite it's many documented faults the original replay also allows you to record radio channels and interactive tv coverage from bbc to hard drive which even the official 3 tuner v+ box doesn't so it's not all bad.

here here ensonic bout time we had others who are willing to admit that this machine is not as bad as most clowns are making out. like someone wrote on this forum before. The only true reason to slag em off is so that those who may or may not be in the loop to get the chance to buy the boxes cheap off your average numpty cable thief, who flogs it on fleabay for less than what they paid.

If you ask me Its just not the british way of doing things.

Tip top S/C - 'we' the Great British fall into two distinct categories...

The "uninitiated 'clueless' cable viewer"... "I got this off a guy in the boozer - dead nice bloke - salt of the earth luv.. - can you believe it - £25 all in - even got a free cable and one of these RF adaptor doofer widgets included - it defo gets everything babe... S*y pay per view movies, 'the Jordan channel, all the special forren 'man channels' ;) and tons more like 'Hello! TV +2/3 & 4 and 24/7 LK Today stuff for you luv..

Using the question and answer technique - old but still effective in my opinion...

Q : The "savvy" cable borrower ... "Why is this unit considerably higher priced than the one that the man in burberry drinking the special brew over there purchased!???"

Answer... "it's a supported unit sir" or if you dunno what that is - get the £25 box - it'll last almost as long as the ale! lol ;)

:Laugh: :Laugh:

Last edited:
Back