Replacing Faulty PSP from ebay

Having read the post at the head of this thread I arranged for my old PSP to be collected and a "refurbished" one to be delivered in its place.

The PSP that was delivered looks brand new and in fact had the latest official firmware on it (which I soon killed off with PSP Grader 8).

Thanks to the orignal poster for this invaluable tip.

Enticy

Well my replacement psp phatt turned up, it says reconditioned but it looks brand new to me, anyway new firmware installed and it's up and running, A big thanks to Tony for his original post..

you was lucky i have rung up twice today each time they ask for receipt, told them not sure where it is as allmost 12 months old, they wouldn't touch it without seeing it.

anyone got a receipt hanging around :)

Paul - Big thanks for bringing this thread back up again

Anyway after bringing this up it reminded me about an old knackered phat PSP 1003 in the loft. So thought give it a try and phoned up Sony yesterday, told them PSP is dead and doesn’t switch on and gave them serial / model numbers for a slim 2003 model, told them bought it last May and they said they’ll send out a refurbished one for exchange.

So today at work the couriers DPD arrives and do an exchange, courier didn’t even look at what I was handing over (phat psp) and hands me what looks like a brand new boxed psp. When I done this last year the exchange psp just came in bubble wrap but this one today does seem brand new.

Only problem here is that on the box where the barcode is it has G and reading in the forums here this cannot be moded, (rev is 3.95)

:Cheers: Paul

i have one that dont charge so i might give them a ring. need to find a serial number for a slim 2003 now :Laugh:

So can you still get away with this cause I have a 1003 with serial fb1234567 that umd wont load and the wireless switch is broke. Would i get away with telling them I only got it last march seeing as they stop releasing them in sept 07.

Or do I lie even more and tell them its a slim etc wont they check when they get it back to the factory to check em???

Hmm just called them and they asked for the receipt :( told em I got it March 08 clearance from woolies.....

Any one got a receipt that would be able to be faxed over to them...

Back