Replacement 360 drive?

AnLyGi

Reaction score
Basically my 4th Xbox in 2 years shit itself last week, this time the DVD drive refuses to recognise games. My 360 went to MS in January for a new motherboard and they felt the need to replace the working BenQ drive for some reason. Now the 360 has never ever been flashed and as its just out of warranty they are refusing to fix a part that they installed less than 12 months ago. For that reason, MS are getting no more of my money and i am taking my loyalty elsewhere. I am going to replace the drive myself and flash it at the same time.

Are any of the compatible drives a simple swap, can i get another BenQ drive or Samsung and simply fire it in? If so which would be the best choice from a flashing point of view?
Where would you recommend i purchase a new drive? (I have found various places meself, just looking a recommendation)

Cheers for the advice as always!

Theres bound to be someone on here has changed a drive?!?

Perhaps it got lost among the ban threads!

Cheers

yes mate you can take the key of your old drive and then spoof it to another one. Grab a lite on or something from fleabay and that.

Is it wise to flash at the moment though with all the bans?

Thanks for the reply mate!

Will get something ordered later. Im not too bothered tbh. This being my 4th 360 im not giving MS another penny! My Live runs out at the start of Dec and i wont be renewing it, not like i used it much anyway. I bought the Forza 3 LCE and i have got playing it twice before it fecked up!

Back