Repairing card.. even possible

chorusinfo

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys..

i finally managed to get through the at mega challenge and wanted to give it a try...
but i needed a box to try it on so i went to glitch one of my mates cards...
and the bloody winex froze in th middle of the glitching for some reason.....

so i had no choice but to pull the card...

however now it won't read/write the card...

i've whacked it back into nagra edit and i get

Opening of COM2 was successful
Reset failed
Error reseting card, ATR string invalid
Closing of COM2 was successful

so am i just goosed? or is there anyway to recover?

thanks
ci

Card's dead from the sounds of it. Was it a rom 10 A86? They usually stop winex in its tracks when they die.

sorry to say m8 but your cards dead if it's not reading the ATR. Oh i know this may sound stupid but are you putting your card into your programmer the correct way.

hi guys..
i finally managed to get through the at mega challenge and wanted to give it a try...
but i needed a box to try it on so i went to glitch one of my mates cards...
and the bloody winex froze in th middle of the glitching for some reason.....
so i had no choice but to pull the card...
however now it won't read/write the card...
i've whacked it back into nagra edit and i get
Opening of COM2 was successful
Reset failed
Error reseting card, ATR string invalid
Closing of COM2 was successful
so am i just goosed? or is there anyway to recover?
thanks
ci

it sounds like it dead m8 what script where you useing . was it . the mikedata&chartman script .

michael

hi guys tnx for yer help, and michael1 tnx again!

it was a simple bod card.. i'd done around 4 or em before and they were no problem...
i used the "rom11 unlocker" script..

I winex just stopped dead in it tracks on a RSTXX can't remember exactly what number..

i'll guess i'll have to tell george to tell the CC that his kids robbed the card, a hassle i know but sure no other option..

not much information available around for jtagging the sagem boxes that are used by chorus so looks like that's a replacement card is the only option.

tnx again guys.. it'll be 2m before i'm back on line..

regds
ci

you would be very unfortunate to kill a bod card, what flash were you using - it must be newd11x for bod if it was doubletbc or something then it would have no trouble killing a bod card!!

also a extremely bad setup can kill the card, it is always at best ill advised to fook about with subbed cards in any event as even if you glitch it open if you have little or no experience you will most certainly mark the card in some way!!!

tbc

Well I know a guy thats done over 400 subscibed boxes and he says he hasnt had any problems, he says they just have to pay for any ppv , he glitches there original card and then gives them another incase they have to give the original back with the box. My original box aint been plugged in in years and thats how its staying, untouched from the day i got it. lol

"An extremly bad setup"

I'm using a pcmcia serial adapter on a laptop with a T911

It was flashed with newd11x alright.

It just stopped in the middle of the first delay..

hands up in shame... i taught it was a subbed card.. but rang my m8 and now he tells me it was not.

i've told him i can get him a dream if he really wants one.. but that doesnt' help me.. was trying to see if i'd suceeded following nozzers challenge.

i've just tried again this morning to see will it do anything differently

________________Setting up WinExplorer_________________

Script Error on Line 524
Sc.GetByte: Requested Byte Exceeds Last Read Request

Nope.....

i'm sure if i connect the reader back up i'll get the invalid atr

thanks for the info guys!

Did you ever sort this out as the very same thing has happened to me. Winexplorer stopped and I had to remove card (card is now fried). Is there a way to get bk from eng menu on the sagem box. I know how to get ird alright.

I had this before when i was using XP pro sp2 and tit 2 cards. I resolved it by using winexplor, tit 2 prog on my vista laptop. for some reason it worked in vista i had problems reading and writing to the card with some of the xp apps.
Give it ago another operating system apart from xp, i heard win98 is good, or vista which i found recently.
hope it helps

Back