Removable drive problem

McrRed

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi. Dont know if anyone can help with this (I've been searching on and off for a couple of months now)...

I have a Toshiba 1Tb removable drive that i use to back up everything to.
It has been used as my media drive for my VU+Solo2.

It isn't properly recognised by my main computer. It shows in device manager as being fine and spins up ok - but on "Computer" it is greyed out and cannot be selected properly. Says insert disc in drive. The icon for the drive won't go away and stays there whether the drive is inserted or not (greyed out). Doesn't matter which USB slot I use.

The drive works fine on the Solo2 and all my other computers (same version of win7).
It's like there's a registry error or something that needs deleting but I wouldn't know where to start.

Any ideas?

Win7 PC

sounds like its not mounting properly, have you tried right clicking on my computer then clicking manage and taking a look at the disk / storage option, see if theres anything in there that may help.

Nothing that I can spot...
The partition is active but not accessible.its like it's got out of sync with this particular pc

Sent from my Lenovo A820

After trying everything I had a go at reassigning drive letters (after deleting all drives and drivers) and guess what? It worked ! So, case closed :sly:

Sent from my Lenovo A820

Back