Remote Stream Channel Converter

kunmun23

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi m8s,
I plan to use my TM800HD as a secondary box in the room upstairs. There is no cable connection but a power-LAN exists.

My living room has an Xtrend ET9000 running the latest ViX E2 image. I am aware of a plugin called "remote channel stream converter" that can allow me to stream channels from my ET9000 to TM800 through the LAN. I googled and found the plugin, ftped onto TM800, and when I try to install it through telnet I get the following error :

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Any ideas how to fix this ?

I am running the digidue-modified - TM800-iQ-28/11/11 image that I downloaded from the Technomate Software Online site : TM800_update-Dd-tmsw-20121021.rar

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling that this plugin is not compatible with the TM800,but digidude would know for sure,hopefully he will pop his head in to answer you :)

Someone reported on W-o-S forum that they were able to stream using this plugin from Vu+ Duo to TM800. There's a thread titled

"Share' VU+ Duo tuner with TM800"

If that's true I'm guessing it should work with ET9000 as well.

I have a feeling that this plugin is not compatible with the TM800,but digidude would know for sure,hopefully he will pop his head in to answer you :)

Thanks..but that seems to be the same plugin I had downloaded earlier...its named :

enigma2-plugin-extensions-remotestreamconvert_2.0+git3+4656143-r0_mipsel.ipk

and gives me the error I mentioned in my post earlier.

Try this one.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Make a backup of your image first.

Try if this python shell installs for you, then retry installing the remote stream plugin.

Attachments

• python-shell_2.6.7-ml9.1_mipsel.ipk
    28.8 KB · Views: 3
Hi

Will I be able to use my tm800hd as a server and openboxs9 as client with this plugin? Anybody advise

Thanks in advance

Hi

Will I be able to use my tm800hd as a server and openboxs9 as client with this plugin? Anybody advise

Thanks in advance
You cannot install that plugin on the openbox.

Perhaps Kunmun could update the thread if he got it to work or not. If so, he may be kind enough to confirm if the opposite setup works, ie with the tm800 as a server.

Back