remote problem

saya

Inactive User
Reaction score
my nthell remote just gone mental. the red light on top left stays on all the time and none of the button seems to work. once a while... (pointing to the box) it keeps changing the channel arbitrarily. i tried changing the batteries, but it stays mental.

anyone?

saya said:
my nthell remote just gone mental. the red light on top left stays on all the time and none of the button seems to work. once a while... (pointing to the box) it keeps changing the channel arbitrarily. i tried changing the batteries, but it stays mental.

anyone?

open the remote i,m sure it says something about the light flashing = flat battery

i've changed the batteries and checked all buttons... still it doesnt work.

Mines done this when I got a box off ebay, took the batteries out and left it in a drawer for a month then tried it again and it worked!
Assumed it was dampness so try a hairdryer in the batt compartment.

HI guys im back from me hols

Its probably some moisture been spilt on the key pad you need to take the remote apart and clean the contacts under the rubber keypad, be carefull though the contacts are only screen printed and are quite delicate.

many thanks guys... i'll try that later today. i've tried to open the remote, but there seems to be no screws visible. is it just a 'click' kind of assembly? coz i dont want to damage it.

Yes m8 just insert a small screwdriver in the gap ath battery end and gently ease the two halves apart.

Back