Remote Control Not Working

Priyeshp

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I'm having troubles with my Vermin Box Remote

Since I updated my card with the new toxic7_sr20mod fix for funcards, my remote has stopped working on the box, I tried the remote with another box and it works fine but it wont work with my mine.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Cheers

yes get a new box

could not resist that one

infra red on the box is goosed

sounds like a 2000 model m8.............bin it or use the controls on the front panel

you will be binning it in a few months anyway

Hey Guys

I'm having troubles with my Vermin Box Remote

Since I updated my card with the new toxic7_sr20mod fix for funcards, my remote has stopped working on the box, I tried the remote with another box and it works fine but it wont work with my mine.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Cheers

why would you think the card has anything to do with the remote not working?????

if its a pace 2000 box then its a common fault with the xtal inside needing reflowed or renewed.
any other model then not sure, but you will be going n3 soon so not really worth any money to try and fix or replace, just change channels from front panel till you get blank a screen then bin it.

So I take it there is no cheap easy way to fix this problem even if it is for a few months?

When all areas hit N3 will all the boxes go even the starview, Dbox etc....

Thanks guys

since its a pace 2000 then it mite just be a simple thing to fix it.
open up the box, and there is a small xtal that you need to reflow, just use a screwdriver to press down on it and use a small heat gun to melt the solder under it, this normally sorts it out.
i will try and find a picture to upload of the bit in question you need to heat.

edit, here is a post that will help you.
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/183513/#post1344794

Last edited by a moderator:
Back