Relook 200s V Dreambox

bigboris

Inactive User
Reaction score
Regarding images etc on the 200s ,i have found that you have to look hard and try different ones etc, regarding different operating buttons for different commands as oposed to the dreambox ,search and you will find ,, the information is available but it takes more time and effort to achieve, but with little bits of information here and there from other members all helps , ((so a little thank you to the forum...)) (buy a dreambox)
Regards Boris

Thanks Boris, I agree that its hard to find help on the Relook. They are a decent receiver but its the same as any sat stuff- if there isnt the support it usually fails and then support drops out even more. It seems that the technomate9100 is fast heading in that direction too and its a shame.

Dreambox may cost more money sometimes but I've had this conversation many times- you get what you pay for. Its not just the name you are paying for its the amount of back up, help, advice and support. You buy into an existing firm based hobby, not a new venture that may or may not work or be supported in a year.

Other receivers are great and I'm all for everyone getting into satellite tv, so cheap offers mean more are tempted- fantastic, but then when people get stuck on a problem and there is no help it really does kick this hobby in the nuts (not good).

I hope you have found a solution to your audio switching problem with Nabilo images m8, I'm sorry we dont know the answer here. At least you stick around so we can at least try and get members supporting each other here.

Regards m8

Hi Pinkhelmets
yea got it sorted in a way now , gone back to one of my earlier images, and put mgcamd 1.24 in that , got the info for changing the audios in the other images also.if anyone wants it i can point on the right path ,
ill see how i go for now .its on the big telly now so the other half can keep reading the menus etc lol
anyone got one of these and struggling . feel free to ask and we can struggle together (might take up fell running) less stress,,
Regards Boris

feel free to ask and we can struggle together

youd be surprised how effective this can be, different people tend to look at things from different angles, and where one person finds that one thing works, when combined with the little bit of success that someone else has had can make a huge difference. my first dreambox adventure lasted about 6 months, i gave up and sold the lot. my 2nd adventure i was loaned a dreambox (if it was mine i would have smashed the thing to bits within a week, cheers pinky ;)) but me and pinky, along with a little help from another person managed to get our recievers running amazingly and its been leaps and bounds all the way since.

if no other member here has a relook then i may buy their budget reciever (500 equivalent?) as im now getting into these recievers, its just a shame i no longer have the time available that i used to 9 months ago, but i may get one for the experiance of using one, and also to compare to the technomate and 500s that i have here

Well just a little update.200s working well with Niablo image. audio problems are now sorted , and also now connecting in on web browser, absolute first class,, so regards to the Mutant it can be sorted if you try hard enough and search all over for the info required.however if i was to buy another linux i would go for the dreambox.as you say its got more support, but a little more understanding now of its capabillitys and well pleased but a lot of hard work.
Dont let em beat you

Kindernet 1987-- Astra launch Feb 1988 with Dolly Parton 6pm
Filmnet decoders
Bsb convertions
Audio from one sat and video from another (bit of a pain with time lag)
So now the moral of the story i can watch my Mutant
(not very good with pcs though)
Regards Boris

I have both the dm500 as well as the mutant200. What I can say is that with the proper image on the mutant, I'll use the mutant anytime over the dm500. At least, you don't need a remote to operate the mutant unlike the dm500s.

I think he means that the machine has buttons on the front that allow basic channel surfing, unlike the Dreambox. :)

Back