Referee Dougie McDonald opts to retire

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
Dougie McDonald has announced his retirement as a category one referee with immediate effect.

The 45-year-old, who has overseen two Scottish Cup finals, has been at the centre of a refereeing row since his controversial penalty U-turn decision.

McDonald misled Celtic manager Neil Lennon over his reasons for rescinding a spot-kick he initially awarded at Tannadice on 17 October.

Celtic had been calling for McDonald to step down after his admission.

McDonald received a warning from the Scottish Football Association after failing to properly explain why he overturned the penalty award.

However, Celtic chairman John Reid called for the official to resign or the SFA to take action.

"If the SFA had any sense of their own integrity, they should look at it again," said Dr Reid on 18 November.

"His position is completely untenable. The SFA's position on this issue is also untenable

BBC Sport - Football - Referee Dougie McDonald opts to retire

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Last edited by a moderator:
now that's out the way. maybe the SFA can concentrate on Mr Lennons part in this whole debacle his disgraceful Behaviour at Tannadice including the Police report his post match comments after the Rangers Game and his sending to the stand at Tynecastle.

Celtic seem to have got what they wanted now it's time to get what they deserve.

Lennon has not done anything more than you see every season from most managers,they all rant and rave when things dont go their way !!

i wonder why the poor guy has had nothing but abuse and death threats from certain scum that cant let the guy get on with his job and private life

Coz he is a liar,he knows it and admitted it,cant believe it took so long for him to go !!

ive said before its a fookin disgrace,
whatever happened to celtic looking into the banners at
park head incident?
they openly come out and said they would find the individules involved
and remove them for life .

has this been swept well under the carpet?????????

Lennon has not done anything more than you see every season from most managers,they all rant and rave when things dont go their way !!

rubbish
as i said in thread the other day
all managers moan ,but at the end of the day
the refs there to uphold rules as they see it.

so was the ref yesterday wrong?
sellik fans cheered him at half time
then changed there minds at fulltime

Coz he is a liar,he knows it and admitted it,cant believe it took so long for him to go !!

well maybe lennon should quit as well m8 he is a moaning face wee shit.paranoid schizophrenia ,every ref is against him but at the end of the day he is not cut out for the Celtic manager job he has turned Celtic into the spl laughing stock.the wee ginger minger should keep his dirty wee mouth shut and start looking at his team for faults as they are playing like a bunch of armatures the now and i think a lot of the Celtic fans would agree the standard there playing just ain't good enough

How do you know they havn't dealt with the situation,never said they would name and shame anybody. Those scum might well have been dealt with !!

Could understand why lennon was so furious, the refereeing for that match was just a joke, the penalty u-turn was just laughable, but calling for him to resign was a bit much, should have just asked the SFA to look into it

How do you know they havn't dealt with the situation,never said they would name and shame anybody. Those scum might well have been dealt with !!

i know because a m8
has a season ticket just along from where they all sit ie there own fookin section(dont know who they are .aye right)
not one person has been removed pal

i wonder why the poor guy has had nothing but abuse and death threats from certain scum that cant let the guy get on with his job and private life

What ones exactly,name one that was reported to the police

i don't know what u mean mate i was on about the refs getting abuse and death threats after the Celtic vs rangers game at parkhead and rangers won (there last game they played a few weeks ago)

ok, name one ref who got a death threat after that game..

Back