iPhone Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 Problems

Danny2712

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've got a few problems and wondered if anyone could help before i really do tear my hair out, well whats left of it that is!!

Ive been using my Iphone 4 on ios 4.3.3 for a while now and decided today to use Redsn0w to upgrade to 5.0.1 for an untethered jailbreak. Everything ran fine until i started to get some cydia tweaks. This for some reason has caused my Iphone to be stuck on the Apple logo after a respring and no matter what i do i can't solve it. iBooty, iReb have all failed and when trying to restore via iTunes i get either a 21 or a 1600, 1601,1602 error. Im really struggling with this and consider myself fairly clued up, but for some reason this has me stumped and i have a great Iphone 4 looking brick at the moment. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

are you trying to restore with a custom firmware?
have you tried restoring in DFU mode?
what was the tweaks you installed? if your getting the apple logo you should beable to access the file system with ispirit and uninstall the tweaks.
i did this once on a 3gs till i found the tweak that was causing the problem then it booted up ok.

I had major issues trying to go from 4.3.3 upto 5.0.1 with error 21 i had to keep using tiny umbrella to boot out of recovery mode,? have u tried resetting, holding power button and home button together for around 15 seconds ?

i had that prob i had to Edit your hostfile
how:Go to my computer/drive C/windows/system32/drivers/etc/host-open with note-pad
there a line pointing to apple server you delete cant remember witch one but something like 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com it worked for me

Thanks for your help and advice. I managed to fix this eventually and it was simple, always the way!!!

In TinyUmbrella advanced settings i had the check box ticked for Set Hosts to Cydia, when i unchecked that, tried the restore with iTunes it worked perfectly. This problem had me up the wall and it caused me to get the errors 21, 1601 and 1602 when trying to restore through iTunes.

Oh and the Cydia tweak i had the problem with was SnapTap. Which i've since found out you dont need on 5.0.1 as you can take photos using the volume button in this update anyway!

Last edited:
Back