Redneck Atmega fix

Just re flashed and all working fine. Re boot for faster update.
thanks to all..

Definately works in pure, for those having probs BigMAQ has an earleir atmega file with instructions on programming.

pasted the following from how to program Atmega from BigMAQ's

Simple tutorial for programming Atmega 163
------------------------------------------

Software Required:

1. Toxic7
2. SwapBinHex
3. Redneck flash for your area

1. run toxic7 to create xteep....enter ird and bk as normal click on service provider (ntl, c&w or TW) and save bin file.

2. move saved bin file over the 'SwapBinHex' icon in folder to convert bin file to hex file.

3. Run programmer, make sure you erase card prior to programming

4. write saved hex file (stage 2) in exteep

5. write 'Redneck6.hex' hex file in flash.(this must be correct one for your area)

note: step 4 and 5 must be done in this order.

once complete switch stb off at mains insert card and then boot stb your card should au within 10 mins

PS I edited txt to include Redneck stuff , note ird normal i.e 12......

Thats what I did Anyway and it works.

Edit thanks catts, also got message card not inserted etc just waited till OK

working in ex cw...

People you dont need to program this from scartch if the exteep already has your details in it...Just delete the old flash and write it with the new one...

Just tried this in Pure and it works great. Updated in under a minute. Thanks to Windy1603 for all the hard work put in for this fix and also thanks to the people who helped out on the Atmega Challenge thread.

@Gooner - I think the reason some people are programming the card from scratch is to make sure it actually is auto-updating.

it is not working in tvest tryed 3 times not working

Well Done Windy 1603

I replaced my old flash with windys N*l flash.. inserted card which came on with black screen then it updated and all back on within 5 mins..

Excellent work

Much apreiciated

Thanks for fix. Working in Stoke ex C&W. Wrote Ext using RHv1_EEgen leaving keys all 00000's with IRD forwards and then used Redneck flash. Updated while I ate my sausage and cheese oatcakes.

Tried in ex c&w no problems was up and running in 2mins.
Thanks

Redneck

Just to confirm fix worked in Tw first time,a matter of seconds for channels to appear.
A big thanks to all those who have made the effort on this, im sure its widely appreciated.
Cheers.

Gooner said:
working in ex cw...

People you dont need to program this from scartch if the exteep already has your details in it...Just delete the old flash and write it with the new one...

The reason I started from scratch was that I was using fun and had an old Atmega from another box etc.

au on atmega

works fine for me in tw left numbers on 00000s switch off switch on hey presto 2 mins back on
cheers

if i use the redkneck flash file what do i use for the external eeprom as never done a atmega card before?

Thanks windy. All credit to you. You must have worked hard. TW confirmed working. Took couple of times to do though. As been using hex for exteep when i was inputting key 0 and key 1 but hex ddnt work with redneck flash. Used bin file worked 1st.

Thanks once again A++++++++++++++++

cheers dudes.

if you are having probs use toxic 7 to create external eeprom ( ird normal not backwards ;))
redneck into flash mem -done

:Clap::Clap:Bingo got it to work finally after pulling my hair out till the early hours in the morning first time. Thanks for the fix guys!!!:banana:

Back