Redneck Atmega fix

You guys who are having trouble updating.
Try unplugging the power to box before inserting card.
Once the box has booted tune to one of the subscription channels CNN, Living, Bravo etc... leave it to update.

cheers i will try that now

You guys who are having trouble updating.
Try unplugging the power to box before inserting card.
Once the box has booted tune to one of the subscription channels CNN, Living, Bravo etc... leave it to update.

always do, left it for hour and half then with no joy

its working with the keys for me, just wouldnt auto update from all 0s, so I'll av wait see if it auto updates at next key role,

tresor if its not working with the latest keys in somethings very wrong somewhere.

just to make sure, you create the ext eeprom using toxic, where u put any old cam id, your ird and bk, also check the appropriate provider at the bottom, then open up programmer software, write the file u just created to EXT EEPROM and the redneck to FLASH, (also make sure redneck file is right 1 for your provider)

you may also need to drop the file u created over swapbin hex and use that one instead, I dont but some people need to, depends on programmer i think.

If that dont work I'm not sure,

I have to delete my cards a few times sometimes b4 it will work also try that.

ok cheers
if the box key or ird was wrong it would say the card is invalid wouldnt it??
sorry for all the questions

yeah and only freeview channels would be there

cheers like i said before the channels are open just no picture so im hoping the ird and bk is right
im just gonna have one more try and then leave it for tonight

cheers bud

which way did you put the ird in backwards or front way?? been trying for 20mins still no joy.

cheers

well that didnt work just said invalid card so im just gonna put it back to normal and leave it hopefully it will update but doubt it
night bud

its working perfect for me in cw thanks a lot to all who made it happen you are all great DW is the best...

Back