Red light only on star zgemma

Bk456

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a zgemma star s. To be honest it's been probematix since day 1. Boot time was really really slow. I have set up other star s boxes and realise they are not a fast box but this box in particular was a lot worse

anyway, it has refused to boot and get nothing on the display, just a red light. Tried USB image but still just a red light.

is this possibly a software issue, I've googled this and some people have he same issue and are being advised to flash bootlloader

anyone came across this red light issue?

well flash the bootloader onto the box and see ?

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

have you tried a diffrent power supply ?

what model zgemma have you got ?

Last edited:
only use a genuine sandisk or kingston usb stick 8GB or less to flas the box,use the rear port and you can press the front button to start the flash

My kingston doesn't even work with it. Has to be sandisk. Hopefully get a chance to try a boot loader tomorrow but putting usb stick with image doesn't do anything, nothing even showing on display just red dot...

My kingston doesn't even work with it. Has to be sandisk. Hopefully get a chance to try a boot loader tomorrow but putting usb stick with image doesn't do anything, nothing even showing on display just red dot...

ive seen this problem before and yes it was only a psu failure worth a shot before you start reflashing bootloader & images again

Have just tried two new power supplies but no joy. Put image on tried a tested memory stick, nothing. Put boot loader file on memory stick and into rear usb but nothing showing, just a red light right above volume buttons on box display.

The ethernet light also comes on at the back so there is power getting there.

Have emailed zgemma.co.uk

Have bought more than one box from them so hoping their customer service is good. As I'm sure a new mainboard is sure to fix my issue...

You might need to get it jtagged which is about £15,i have used a guy a few times if you need a referral

Back