Recovering lost emails (Windows Live Mail)

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm on Windows 7 and to speed up the PC I used a program to do some spring cleaning. All's was well till I went into my Windows live mail and noticed my emails had gone.

Then suddenly windows live mail started downloading all the messages I originally had in my inbox as "unread" emails, about a years worth. The problem I have now is, the saved and draft emails have all gone.

I use to save the most important one's in "drafts" which have all gone. I have gone to Virgin emails and there are only 38 saved in sent and drafts weirdly the latest been dated back to 2017.

Is there anyway I can recover the drafts and sent emails ?

You can check on your live account on outlook.com in the trash folder might give you an option ?

Smiles, You do seem to get into a lot of pickles on your PC.
Firstly i would make sure that show hidden files is ticked. The app data folder in windows 7 is hidden as i remember. I haven't used it for a long time apart from a computer i have set up for doing my car.
Then after that try following the video. It might work it might not.
Just my thoughts.
how to restore windows live mail - Bing video

Just as an afterthought for spring cleaning Ccleaner is pretty good, plus you can choose what to clean.
An option you might consider.

I am interested in this post,as i hadn't no idea to recover deleted emails before.

Back