Recording - Blade Trinity v2

Zoom7000

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm using Blade Trinity v2, and I was just wondering what the best program would be to setup recording on my PC.

I've used StreamMe, but I tried recording about 10 seconds and it turned out to be 8Mb!

Is there a program that will let me record in a smaller format? Also, what settings do I need to set in the "Recording" menu on the dbox?

Last edited:
Check out PT-1's help file for info on how to set up different kinds of recording. The two best options are Direct Record to a shared folder on your PC, the other is DboxWinserver, which as the name suggests, requires you to run server software on your PC.

There is no practical way to record to a smaller format. You're recording the raw broadcast stream, it's not being re-encoded, so it's the same size, regardless of which method you used. Compressing it would result in a loss of quality, the benefit of this method over DVD recorders and other lossy methods is that you get a 100% perfect 1:1 copy identical to the original broadcast.

I'm particularly interested in recording the UFC event tonight, I'm just wondering how much space the 3-4 hour event will take up on my hard drive.

I'm particularly interested in recording the UFC event tonight, I'm just wondering how much space the 3-4 hour event will take up on my hard drive.
A 4 hour recording would typically be in the range of 6-7gb, give or take, as some channels might have slightly higher or lower bitrates than others.

If time is of the essence and you don't have time for experiementation, DboxWinserver is probably your best option, as it's pretty easy to set up.

Back