Recommendation for new lnb

hi m8, any lnb with a 0.1-0.3db noise figure will fine. smart titanium,dark gold,technomate,mti,inverto,invacom have all got good reveiws. i cant see past the smart lnb,s but thats because i use them. the one you have posted a link to will be fine. regards mdt

just that it says 0.1 dont mean its any better than a cheaper model.

Hi Mdt,

Thanks, that s what i needed to hear.

Many thanks,
12qw

Hi M1dbw,

Thanks for that link. I followed it up and have a question. Most new lnb's are o.1db. But looking at the technical spec.s of these two :

NEW 0.1dB TITANIUM SINGLE LNB TS Gold Coated F Connect on eBay (end time 10-Apr-10 14:04:47 BST)

and this one :

ICECRYPT Pro Black Single LNB 0.1db on eBay (end time 07-Apr-10 10:54:09 BST)

The second one has a higher (better?) gain (65 compared to 50)and so in theory worth paying the extra money ...???

Should i be looking at other figures as well in order to weed out the so so lnbs from amongst the best lnb?

Thanks,
12qw

Hi M1dbw,

Thanks for that link. I followed it up and have a question. Most new lnb's are o.1db. But looking at the technical spec.s of these two :

NEW 0.1dB TITANIUM SINGLE LNB TS Gold Coated F Connect on eBay (end time 10-Apr-10 14:04:47 BST)

and this one :

ICECRYPT Pro Black Single LNB 0.1db on eBay (end time 07-Apr-10 10:54:09 BST)

The second one has a higher (better?) gain (65 compared to 50)and so in theory worth paying the extra money ...???

Should i be looking at other figures as well in order to weed out the so so lnbs from amongst the best lnb?

Thanks,
12qw

take no notice m8, its only important if your using a very long cable run. its entirely up to you which lnb you choose and you have to take the noise figures with a pinch of salt, ive used tm,mti,lemon,inverto,darkgold,phillips on different installs and settled on the smart titanium, ive used the smart on half a dozen arabsat installs with 1m orbital and they are great. each member probably has their own preferance but whichever you choose im sure it will be fine. regards mdt

Back