Real or Clone

My ccid is 0202 looks like a clone.

Mine is 0202 as well :-(
But are we supposed to put May Firmware on first and then check it?
This is what I want an answer on, does the CCID change with the firmware version on board?

Mine is 0202 as well :-(
But are we supposed to put May Firmware on first and then check it?
This is what I want an answer on, does the CCID change with the firmware version on board?

If you update the firmware you may kill at some new firmware has a clone killer in it. I've left mine as it is. I've read a lot in the last couple of days and I've not seen anyone mentioning the CCID changing with the firmware. Might be risky trying to find out.

If you update the firmware you may kill at some new firmware has a clone killer in it. I've left mine as it is. I've read a lot in the last couple of days and I've not seen anyone mentioning the CCID changing with the firmware. Might be risky trying to find out.

There is a newer firmware out again that lets you test without worrying about clone bomb. Ill put it in stickies

I've decided to leave mine as it is. That firmware is the one that kills your box if you turn it off 10 times.

so it looks like I too have a clone as the box CCID is 0202. I bought mine from a well known box supplier. Mmmm not happy as looks like I cannot upgrade past the last upgrade

Update to last message of mine. I found this message "Alot of people think if they get 0202 as the ccid it is a clone this is not true you must be on the latest firmware to see what your ecid is mine was "0202" on an older firmware but with the latest it says 0202:eek:oea"

So it seems we have to upgrade to the new firmware. Check the CCID and if it doesn't have one of the numbers mentioned in this thread it is a clone but if it does we are okay.

I will take a chance an upgrade my box later and post the outcome

Upgrade successful.

CCID now shows: 0202:00EA

I have lost my c line but I will have to put it back in I guess

Hope this test helps people

I am on the 0305 - first firmware of this month. i checked and it is 0201 00D0
is this clone?

If the last four digits appear on the earlier post then ok. From memory you are okay

Just did upgraded firmware to latest and got CHIP ID 00EA. The chip id before that was 0202 but i don't get 0202:00EA just 00EA is this ok, and is the CCcam already installed with this upgrade.
Thanks

Last edited:
that should be ok and all firmwares have cccam installed

edogg

Back