Read the newbie guide but have little time to understand

wenglishboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all I am working long shifts of late and understand a lot of the newbie guide but here is my problem. my brother lives in wales and I am paying him a visit this weekend....I still have a to read the newb guide over a few times more to fully get my head round it and I will... but I dont have the time at the minute. my brother is a full subscriber of sky.
I am looking at buying a dms800hd. my brother has two boxes on the run in his house. As I am visiting this weekend am i right in thinking that my main concern would be to get his 17 digit number off both boxes so when i return home after the visit I can then proceed with the newb guide?
Basicly I need to know what to get off my brother before I return home as I dont know when i will be visiting next, and asking my brother for other details and stuff over the phone is completely beyond his comprehension as he is an absolute ludight.. thanks chaps

Is you brother using his full sub in a legit sky box or is he already running it in some sort of Linux box.

If he is running it in a legit box what do you intend to do run it in a Linux box at his house or yours ?

hi im probably wrong but if he has multi room its not possible is it? someone will put us right

Is you brother using his full sub in a legit sky box or is he already running it in some sort of Linux box.

If he is running it in a legit box what do you intend to do run it in a Linux box at his house or yours ?

My intentions are to fun dm800hd at my house in lancashire, while he runs it through his legit boxes back home in wales. If it is at all possible.

Still not clear mate are you referring to a multiroom card in your 800 at your house, dodgy that 1 because its already been in a skybox and 2 multiroom requires your boxes hooked up to a phone line I think so sly would be aware it was not.

If your referring to something else please explain.

my brother has multi-room fully subscribed...I on the other hand am getting dm800hd in the living room only.

my brother has multi-room fully subscribed...I on the other hand am getting dm800hd in the living room only.

Are both his cards is boxes that require the phone line attached ?

If so ! You'll not get away with running a multiroom card in it for the above reasons.

You also need to consider some of the points in this thread as those card have been in original boxes.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/366002/

Last edited by a moderator:
To add to ferrets points aswell if you were wanting to share his card with your dreambox back home he would need his card in a server of some kind so he would have to get a dreambox aswell or something and wouldn't be able to use his legit slybox but as ferret says, as it's part of multiroom it'll be connected to a phone line as sly check to make sure both cards and boxes are being used in the same house so they'd probably find out the card isn't in its proper box and ask you to put it back or they will charge for two full subs.

more bother than its worth to be honest

as above needs phone line connected so no point as they figure it mate

oh well then thats that idea down the pan :( thanks chaps... any ideas on how you fellas might move on and make use of my sly dish now? Or do I just take it down and serve the ferkin turkey on it at crimb? Talking of crimbo lads n lasses have a proper crimbo and all best for new year from me and mine to you and yours...

Back