Rats DW updater - Keep running our of space on device

DodgyTech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

does anyone else face this issue where when running the dw updater plugin on their box, they see a message like below which says "No space left on device"?

screenshot-1.jpg

I never used to have this before. Now everytime I get this, I go into /etc/enigma2/ and remove all the files there and run the plugin which works. Then the next time I run the plugin, I get the same issue again.

I have a DM800HD with an external USB flash drive for crossepg and no internal drive.

Are you sure the epg is saving to the usb?

Sent from my x10 using Tapatalk 2

Are you sure the epg is saving to the usb?

Sent from my x10 using Tapatalk 2

No, I was just mentioning that I have an external USB. The bouquet files are in the internal flash.

No, I was just mentioning that I have an external USB. The bouquet files are in the internal flash.

I know m8 but if the epg is saving to the flash then that will cause problems

I know m8 but if the epg is saving to the flash then that will cause problems

Yeah I'm facing those problems now =[

How do I ensure rats plugin saves to USB and make sure the box reads the bouquets from the USB?

I'm talking about crossepg saving to usb not Rats bouquets m8

Pimped, wiz is on about the EPG as this is known to revert to saving to internal flash and using up all the memory on the box
are you using CrossEPG on a DreamBox 800/SE? if so press
Menu
Setup
CrossEPG
Configure
when there check where its saving (storage device) it should be your usb :)

also you can try this
Open filezilla ftp programme so dreambox is showing
at the top there are a what looks like a pair of binoculars, click that

in search directory type: /
in the box underneath type: epg.dat
and hit enter

you should only have epg on USB, anywhere else then its using the memory from the box and filling it up and causing problems, Rat's Bouquets doesn't store on USB

:) hope this is of some help

Last edited:

ooo, i see a small bug in there (it wont be causing this problem, as already said, its probably down to epg data being stored on internal flash) but down to a report coming back after the download has been counted on the server side of things. as i keep playing with the scripts etc after releasing things, ive not seen this on my own receiver, ill make a small tweak and update the plugin

I'm talking about crossepg saving to usb not Rats bouquets m8

Oooooh, sorry mate, I get you now. Upon closer inspection of the crossepg in my usb flash drive, I can see that it is empty meaning that it hasn't saved :s

I checked the settings in crossepg and I can see that that usb is selected.

Pimped, wiz is on about the EPG as this is known to revert to saving to internal flash and using up all the memory on the box
are you using CrossEPG on a DreamBox 800/SE? if so press
Menu
Setup
CrossEPG
Configure
when there check where its saving (storage device) it should be your usb :)

also you can try this
Open filezilla ftp programme so dreambox is showing
at the top there are a what looks like a pair of binoculars, click that

in search directory type: /
in the box underneath type: epg.dat
and hit enter

you should only have epg on USB, anywhere else then its using the memory from the box and filling it up and causing problems, Rat's Bouquets doesn't store on USB

:) hope this is of some help

Thanks dude. I checked crossepg settings and saw that the usb was selected.

However, the crossepg folder in the usb was empty even though I had run the download (I had recently emptied, not deleted, the crossepg folder).

I searched for epg.dat and this is what I got is below. is media/hdd internal flash?

epgsearch.jpg

ooo, i see a small bug in there (it wont be causing this problem, as already said, its probably down to epg data being stored on internal flash) but down to a report coming back after the download has been counted on the server side of things. as i keep playing with the scripts etc after releasing things, ive not seen this on my own receiver, ill make a small tweak and update the plugin

Ahh, glad my problem has helped the development of the plugin in some way :)

I searched for epg.dat and this is what I got is below. is media/hdd internal flash?

delete any epg.dat & ext.epg.dat, reboot box, make sure again that in crossepg config usb is selected and only 28.2 is selected

scroll down and download again this will re populate the epg.dat files you deleted and should then clear the flash
:)

delete any epg.dat & ext.epg.dat, reboot box, make sure again that in crossepg config usb is selected and only 28.2 is selected

scroll down and download again this will re populate the epg.dat files you deleted and should then clear the flash
:)

Thanks mate, I've done that now. Ran your plugin again and so far so good. Hopefully it will stay that way :)

Do those epg files just keep growing? Do they need to be removed periodically?

Was the media/hdd location internal then?

the usr/crossepg/data folder is internal and looks to have a file of about 2Mb, this looks like an old file from febuary, and is prob lying dormant just taking up space, delete the epg.dat file from this and you should be sorted

Last edited:
Thanks mate, I've done that now. Ran your plugin again and so far so good. Hopefully it will stay that way :)

Do those epg files just keep growing? Do they need to be removed periodically?

Was the media/hdd location internal then?

all those location bar the media/usb are internal m8
crossepg tends to revert back to internal flash every now and then

Back