Rat's Bouquets Regions - Monitoring of service reference changes

ketmp

Satellite Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Rat,

The file "regions.xml" on the server contains the regional information for your Bouquets.

If you notice any changes to service references for the following channels (any region) can you let me know?

• BBC 1 SD or HD
  • BBC 2 HD
  • ITV SD or HD
  • ITV+1 SD
  • Channel 4 SD or HD
  • Channel 4+1 SD or HD
  • Channel 5 SD
  • Channel 5+1 SD
If I'm ever not around, you can do this yourself by simply downloading this regional file from the server getting the new service reference for either of these channels that have changed and using a linux type editor (eg Notepad++) and replace the existing service reference with the new one (across the entire xml document - sometimes known as replace all) and then uploading file back to server.

FYI, the plugin essentially works by retrieving service reference for these channels (that come under "Default" in the regions.xml file) and finds these service references in the Entertainment bouquet file replaces them with the service reference for the region that the user chooses.

Attached to this thread, is a copy of regions.xml file for backup purposes :)

Attachments

• regions.xml
    49.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
@Rat,

The file changes.txt (attached but also on server) is the file you need to amend with changes and then anyone using your new bouquet updater can see recent changes and decide whether it's worth updating or not.

The file itself is just a straight forward text file so you should be okay with notepad++ or text editor that maybe included with your FTP software to edit it as and when.

Things to note... The plugin will read the entire file so best to have maybe last (one or two) changes depending on how many lines you use (along with dates like I did in example). if the text file is too large (ie too many lines) i'm guessing you wont see all information displayed within plugin due to limitation on available space to display it all.

I would recommend you keep the changes.txt file on your PC/laptop so you can easily change it when needed and just upload to server like you do your bouquets (in same location - the default location).

Hope that makes sense. If you have any problems then let me know :)

Attachments

• changes.txt
    66 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back