Rasberry pi 2 picture quality ?

Starplus

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi got a Rpi2 with osmc running kodi 14.1 on it but when i play movies from addons the picture is not as defined as my old acer revo . It looks like there is to much brightness and blacks a bit greyed. Where as on the acer it all looked great . Is this a quirk of the Rpi? Or is there any settings to adjust ? There is no depth to picture. Any help would be great

I had an rpi with the 512mb ram picture was spot on didn't need any adjustments throught tv etc. Could it be a dodgy hdmi? I was running openelec have you tried that? You could check out the openelec forum for help or Kodi.

Yeah tried openelec but still same tried changing config txt for rgb=2
But still same , 1080p is not crisp either. But on revo looks spot on

Just an update if i use game mode it looks much better .

i have Rasberry pi 2 and the picture is spot on openelec kodi 14.1 i added the advanced xml file had to alter the keymap for my lg tv so the remote would work

nice bit of kit really impressed with it

I also have an RPi2 and have no display problems. A huge improvement over the B+ in terms of response to keypresses, and handling more complex skins.
That suggests it may be something to do with your settings...

Hi got a Rpi2 with osmc running kodi 14.1 on it but when i play movies from addons the picture is not as defined as my old acer revo . It looks like there is to much brightness and blacks a bit greyed. Where as on the acer it all looked great . Is this a quirk of the Rpi? Or is there any settings to adjust ? There is no depth to picture. Any help would be great

I would try adjusting the tv picture for the hdmi socket the rpi is connected to

Back