Rangers FC Thread

Ally McCoist is the right man for Rangers, says Miller

kenny_miller.jpg

Kenny Miller says his second spell at Rangers was the best time of his career

Former Rangers striker Kenny Miller believes Ally McCoist can become a top manager - after learning his trade from the master.

The Bursaspor star believes working under Walter Smith for six years will have given McCoist the perfect tutelage for taking on the role himself.

Miller, 31, said: "He has definitely learned from the best."

"There is no better preparation to deal with every situation needed to be Rangers manager."

Miller, who left Ibrox for Turkey in January, told BBC Scotland that McCoist has the qualities to do well when he takes over at the end of the season.

"People might say he is too close to the players but he knows what he needs to do to be a good manager," he said.

"There is no doubt he has the attributes to be a top manager."

Miller says his own time playing under Smith was the best period of his career.

"When I worked for him with the Scotland team he brought out the best in me," he said.

"The two-and-a-half years I spent at Rangers was a great, great time."

"I thank the gaffer for giving me the chance to play at a massive club, at a level where I was going to be winning things and playing in the Champions League again."

"I know I wasn't the only one who felt that way about the gaffer, I loved every minute of working under him."

Bursapor are currently third in the Turkish Super Lig.

Miller, who has 51 caps and 13 goals for Scotland, scored on his first start and hopes he can fire the club to the title.

"I've not come here just to make money; it's a footballing decision," he said.

"Anybody who knows me knows if the football is not going well I'm like a bear with a sore head. I felt I wanted to try something different and this is definitely that."

"We're three points off the top. It has given me a chance to play in a successful team and maybe get another crack at the Champions League."

Source

The Board of the Rangers Supporters’ Trust offers unequivocal backing for Martin Bain, the Rangers Chief Executive, in his attempt to bring some sanity and balance to hysterical nonsense around the Scottish Cup tie on 2 March at Celtic Park.

We also have serious concerns about Neil Lennon’s actions in the first half of this game* and cannot understand why no action was taken against Lennon either by match officials or the SFA for i) leaving his own technical area; ii) for intruding on the Rangers technical area, or; iii) for deliberate provocation. If the alleged contact between Diouf and the Celtic physiotherapist was such an issue for Mr Lennon, why did he not raise this with the 4th official standing about four feet away from him?

We consider that the management team at Celtic FC are out of control and in our view this is evidenced by Mr Lennon’s previous behaviour at Tannadice and at Tynecastle, for which he received a four match ban. What we consider to be premeditated provocation and incitement of Rangers players and staff was continued last Wednesday evening in the tunnel in Celtic Park after the half time whistle in scenes captured on Sky television.

We are also in possession of documentary evidence from Strathclyde Police Chief Superintendent Andrew Bates, referring to Neil Lennon’s provocative gestures towards the West Enclosure and Main Stand during the game at Ibrox on 6 February, stating that:

“The alleged conduct of the Celtic manager, Neil Lennon, was noted by my ground commander and highlighted to the match referee at half time and at the conclusion of the match. In my view as match commander it was entirely appropriate for the match referee to include the circumstances of the alleged incident to the Scottish Football Association for their consideration as part of this match report.”

If the referee and the SFA had acted on this, perhaps the Celtic management team would have behaved more responsibly?

This incident was immediately followed by an alleged incident between the Celtic manager and El Hadji Diouf, Steven Naismith and Vladimir Weiss in the tunnel after half time, an incident which had a direct bearing on what happened on 2 March. We are now asking Rangers to reveal precisely what took place and why this had such a major effect on subsequent events.

All the incidents cited above are at the very least cause for concern and we therefore call on the SFA to conduct a meaningful and thorough investigation into these issues as soon as practicable.

Stephen Smith
Chairman, Rangers Supporters' Trust

(* Immediately after Stephen Whittaker received a red card, Ally McCoist called El Hadji Diouf, the player nearest to him, over to pass on tactical advice. Diouf came to the touchline to meet with McCoist at the corner of the Rangers technical area, the furthest point from the Celtic dug-out. Neil Lennon then intruded on the Rangers technical area to say something which provoked both McCoist and Diouf, which resulted in Diouf being booked and Ally McCoist having to be physically restrained by Walter Smith.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu3GjH6lQgQ&feature=fvwrel]YouTube - Football Focus - Rangers Tribute - Champions 2009/10[/ame]

Walk With Walter!

0,,5~9480699,00.jpg

'Walk With Walter' will give fans the chance to honour the Manager's glittering career and raise funds for good causes in the company of Walter himself, as well as Ally McCoist, Kenny McDowall and Ian Durrant.

This sponsored walk around the hallowed turf at Ibrox Stadium will take place on Sunday 3 April and will involve a lap of the pitch in honour of every trophy won during Walter's time as Rangers Manager - 19 so far!

0,,5~9480705,00.jpg

Supporters can take part individually or as part of a 4 person team and entry costs just £10, with participants asked to raise a minimum of £50 in sponsorship. Everyone who takes part will receive a commemorative t-shirt and certificate. Plus, if you raise over £100 for the Foundation, you will automatically become a True Blue Hero and will be invited to a future reception to receive your True Blue Hero medal from a first team player! The top 5 fundraisers at this event will also receive a 2010/2011 signed Rangers shirt as a thank you!

The 'Walk with Walter' event forms part of fundraising activities by Walter and his team who will be taking on a challenge for the Rangers Charity Foundation in North America at the end of the season. The work of the Foundation benefits thousands of lives each year and with your backing we can make a world of difference!

This season the Foundation is supporting The Prostate Cancer Charity by funding awareness raising materials and the charity's helpline, as well as the reconstruction and equipping of seven vital health centres in Togo, West Africa via the Foundation's joint project with respected children's charity UNICEF.

So help us support these projects by coming along to Ibrox on Sunday 3 April and joining Walter, Ally, Kenny and Ian for a very special day celebrating one of the Club's best loved Managers.

Click here to download an application form. Alternatively, you can contact the Foundation on 0141 580 8775 or e-mail [email protected]

Jamie Ness has signed a new four year contract with Rangers. The young midfielder, who made his first team debut against Motherwell this season on Boxing Day, has committed his future to the Ibrox club until the summer of 2015.

Ness only signed a two year extension to his contract in December, having had only six months left to run on his initial deal. But his form since agreeing to extend his stay has prompted manager Walter Smith to offer him a further two years.

Having debuted against Motherwell as a substitute, the 20-year-old made his first start in the Old Firm derby defeat on January 2 and has since made a total of nine appearances, scoring in his last outing in a 2-2 draw with Celtic on February 6.

Ness was in line for a spell out on loan from Rangers before he made his top team breakthrough, having struggled with injuries since joining the club as a youngster in 2007.

"Jamie has signed a new contract and we are very pleased about that," Rangers boss Walter Smith told the club's official website. "He has shown in the games that he has played for us this season that he has a very bright future so we are delighted to get him tied up on a new deal.

"He has been hampered by a groin injury recently but that is clearing up and everything going well he might be ready to come back this weekend.

"He more than held his own when he came into the team and played exceptionally well for us so we were really disappointed when he dropped out through injury.

"He had not played a lot of matches in the previous two seasons because of injuries so after playing half a dozen matches or so for us we expected some sort of reaction and unfortunately we got it with the groin injury.

"So hopefully once he gets over that he can slot straight back in and if his form is anything like it was then it will be a huge benefit to Rangers."

Rangers duo Madjid Bougherra and El-Hadji Diouf are set to escape further punishment following their red cards at Parkhead.

Bougherra was given his marching orders in the dying seconds of the controversial cup clash while Diouf was ordered off after the final whistle for dissent.

The Gers defender, who has since apologised, tried to hold down referee Calum Murray’s hand as the whistler flashed yellow for the second time following his challenge on Kris Commons.

Diouf was then given a second booking before ignoring the pleas of police and stewards as he marched towards the Rangers support to throw his shirt into the crowd.

The Ibrox pair are automatically banned for Rangers’ next Scottish Cup-tie, which will not take place until next season following their elimination at the hands of their Old Firm rivals.

But they will escape further censure from the SFA after Murray reported “no additional misconduct” in his paperwork.

Meanwhile, Gers No.2 Ally McCoist and Celtic boss Neil Lennon will serve touchline bans for their part in the end of match fracas.

McCoist will be hit with a two-match suspension while Lennon, who is serving a four-game ban following his dismissal at Tyne-castle earlier this season, will now receive a further four matches for a second offence.

Police in warning to warring Old Firm stars

Old Firm management and players are set to be reminded they face being arrested if there is a repeat of the angry confrontations which marred last week’s Old Firm game.

Celtic boss Neil Lennon and Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist had to be pulled apart at the end of a fiery Scottish Cup replay which the Parkhead club had won 1-0.

A football summit convened by First Minister Alex Salmond will take place in Edinburgh today, with representatives from both clubs and the SFA, as well as government ministers and senior police officers.

And it is understood police will send out a clear message that they are ready to take action if any of the management or players step out of line again.

With the Old Firm set to clash at Hampden Park a week on Sunday in the Co-operative Insurance Cup Final, the authorities are determined to leave everyone connected with the Old Firm in no doubt as to the standards they must maintain within the grounds of the stadium.

The final will be the sixth collision of the Glasgow clubs in a record season for a fixture that reached boiling point when they met for the third time in as many weeks in the Scottish Cup fifth-round replay.

Senior police are expected to respond today by pointing out that the guidelines issued for high-profile games by the Lord Advocate – Elish Angiolini QC, who brings prosecutions in the Scottish Courts – empower them to intervene at disorderly outbreaks of exactly the type seen at Parkhead last week.

Although police have intervened in Scottish fixtures on previous occasions – and several high-profile Old Firm players like Terry Butcher, Chris Woods, Graham Roberts, Frank McAvennie and Duncan Ferguson have been prosecuted – they and prosecutors generally permit a degree of latitude to allow for heightened competitive passions between opposing players and coaching staff.

The scenes at Parkhead and the ensuing outcry have hardened the public mood and the Lord Advocate’s guidelines provide for a response appropriate to the wrongdoing.

On the subject of conduct during a game, the guidelines read as follows: “From time to time incidents occur in which one or more of the participants in the sporting fixture itself become involved in conduct which could be viewed as constituting criminal behaviour. Some incidents, particularly those involving the use of physical violence, attract considerable public attention.

“Such attention is more likely when the incident is witnessed by a large crowd or when it is televised. Moreover, the conduct of participants in a sporting event may have a bearing on the subsequent conduct of those spectating.

“The Lord Advocate is firmly of the view that all those involved in the administration, refereeing and playing of sports have the initial and the major responsibilities to avoid and in any event to deal with excessive violence or serious disorderly conduct on the part of players, coaches and managers.

“These responsibilities rest on clubs, managers, referees, and the governing bodies of individual sports and the Lord Advocate expects these to be treated seriously. In particular, the responsibility of the referee and the other officials to control a sporting fixture and those participating in it must remain paramount.

“However, even if those involved seek to discharge their responsibilities to the best of their abilities, sportsmen cannot be regarded as exempt from compliance with the criminal law. On occasion their conduct may make it appropriate for the police and the Procurator Fiscal to take action.”

In order to emphasise their intention to take a tougher stance on the Lord Advocate’s guidelines, police will insist they must be allowed to warn players and backroom staff in person, and in the dressing rooms, before Old Firm or other high-octane fixtures that if they behave in provocative fashion they face arrest and criminal charges – beginning with the derby on March 20.

PSV winger avoids prison ahead of Rangers tie

Jeremain Lens will play against Rangers despite court appearance.

PSV Eindhoven will be able to name Jeremain Lens in their team to face Rangers in the Europa League on Thursday.

The winger was in court on Monday and could have faced jail but has been released and will take his place in the PSV side when Walter Smith’s side travel to the Philips Stadion.

Lens had been arrested for a driving offence, having previously had his license disqualified for being caught speeding twice in early 2010. The latest charge came after police caught him reversing illegally on a rural road but the 23-year old was shocked when a demand for a custodial sentence was made.

The prosecution had asked that the player be jailed for fourteen days but a judge ruled that instead Lens should serve 30 hours of community service.

The Dutch international has been a key figure in PSV’s impressive season so far. The club are currently top of the Eredivisie and have surged to the last 16 of the Europa League.

Lens has made 32 appearances so far this season, scoring nine times. Three of those strikes have come in PSV’s last four games, including the second goal in the Europa League second leg against Lille that set up the Rangers clash.

Source: stv.tv

Kyle Hutton has signed a two-year extension to his contract with Rangers which will keep him at Ibrox until the summer of 2014.

The young midfielder made his first team debut against Kilmarnock earlier this season and has since gone on to play nine times for Walter Smith's side, featuring in Champions League games against Manchester United and Bursaspor.

Hutton, 20, had 18 months left to run on his contract at the club but has joined fellow Murray Park graduate Jamie Ness in committing his future to Rangers.

"Signing a new deal is a massive thing for me and I'm absolutely delighted," Hutton told Rangers' official website.

"This season I have been happy with the way things have gone and I have been given the chance to play in really big games.

"My goal after that was to keep going and try to get an extension so that I can stay at the club. I have that now and I am over the moon."

PSV v Rangers preview

Thu 10th 18:00 Europa League PSV vs Rangers [DLMURL]http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/gamelivestream.php[/DLMURL]

PSV Eindhoven will be attempting to create history when they take on SPL champions Rangers in Holland on Thursday.

The Dutch outfit have never won a game against a Scottish side, including four matches against Rangers, who have been victorious in three of their meetings.

The Europa League last-16 first leg showdown at the Philips Stadion will be a clash of two differing footballing systems.

Rangers boss Walter Smith is expected to opt for a defensive 5-4-1 formation, while PSV will play a more attacking system, with boss Fred Rutten possibly deciding to utilise three strikers.

Current Eredivisie leaders PSV, who saw off Lille in the last round, are 4/9 favourites with Sky Bet to progress, Rangers showed their resilience when seeing off Sporting Lisbon in dramatic circumstances.

Maurice Edu grabbed an injury-time goal in Portugal to send Smith's side through on away goals and the Gers boss will be hoping for more of the same in Holland ahead of the return at Ibrox next Thursday.

Rangers-v-St-Johnstone-Kyle-Lafferty-celeb_2568280.jpg

Rangers' cause has been boosted by the return of striker Kyle Lafferty, who had been sidelined with tonsillitis but has been passed fit enough to play.

Vladimir Weiss also hopes to feature after suffering an ankle injury against St Johnstone recently.

He told the club's official website: "I trained with the lads at Murray Park before we came over here and I trained last night at the Philips Stadion so I am ready."

PSV will have leading scorer Ola Toivonen available, despite the Sweden international currently serving a four-match domestic suspension.

The ban came after he used his elbow in a challenge on Jan Vertonghen in the goalless stalemate with Ajax on 27th February.

Last edited:
PSV Eindhoven 0 - 0 Rangers

Rangers claimed a scoreless draw in the first leg of their Europa League last 16 tie against PSV in Eindhoven.

Marcus Berg had an effort saved by Neil Alexander and Marcelo headed wide as PSV pressed for a first-half opener.

Berg fired wide after the break and PSV keeper Andreas Isaksson saved well from Kyle Bartley's header for the visitors.

And Marcelo missed the game's best opportunity when he headed wide with the goal at his mercy midway through the second half.

The sides meet again in next Thursday's return leg at Ibrox where a win for either side would send them through, while a score draw would give the Dutch side an away goals victory.

Rangers made a surprise change in goal with regular first-choice Allan McGregor dropped to the bench and Alexander starting while there were also places in the line-up for youngster Kyle Hutton and the returning Kyle Lafferty, back after illness. John Fleck and David Healy joined McGregor on the bench.

The PSV line-up featured former Aston Villa defender Wilfred Bouma and striker Marcus Berg, the on-loan Hamburg striker who scored against Celtic for his parent club in last season's Europa League.

Alexander had his hands on the ball early on as he collected a couple of PSV crosses but his first real save came in the 16th minute when he raced off his line to gather at the feet of Berg, who had run on to Ola Toivonen's incisive pass.

Balazs Dzsudzsak and Jeremain Lens also had efforts but neither player was able to test the visitors' goal.

El Hadji Diouf assumed the lone striker role for Rangers and often looked isolated in the first half as Walter Smith's men struggled to retain the ball in attacking areas.

PSV should have gone ahead in the 37th minute when Dzsudzsak's free-kick was flicked on by the shoulder of Lens and Marcelo rose at the back post only to plant his header wide.

Rangers had a couple of corners towards the end of the first half but poor deliveries allowed the Dutch side to clear their lines.

But the visitors showed more attacking impetus at the start of the second period as right-back Richard Foster burst across field and down the left before his cross was nervously cleared out for a corner by Orlando Engelaar.

And, from Diouf's delivery, David Weir's head-flick could not find a team-mate.

Toivonen and Berg combined well again to put the latter through on goal soon after but the striker's fierce shot flew past the far post.

Stanislav Manolev went down in the Rangers box after being closed down by Kyle Bartley but Swedish referee Martin Hansson told the PSV midfielder to get back on his feet.

Bartley was then in the thick of the action at the other end, running to the near post to head Diouf's corner towards goal but Andreas Isaksson made an excellent save.

Rangers kept up the pressure and Steven Whittaker flashed a shot wide from outside the box.

Dzsudzsak swirling free-kick from the right curved over Alexander's crossbar.

Berg was almost through on goal again after Toivonen slipped a pass in behind the Rangers defence but the forward's touch was poor and Bartley got back to usher the ball back to Alexander.

Diouf was withdrawn and Vladimir Weiss was sent on from the bench, meaning Lafferty was pushed up from the left to lead the Rangers attack before Danny Koevermans replaced Berg for the hosts.

Marcelo headed wide from an even more inviting position than his chance in the first half after rising unchallenged to meet Dzsudzsak's inswinging cross.

Lafferty picked up the tie's first booking for felling Lens as both players cantered over the halfway line.

The Northern Ireland forward was soon withdrawn but not before spinning on the edge of the box to fire a shot wide, Gregg Wylde sent on for a final 10 minutes in which Rangers held firm.

Back To Business

0,,5~9389481,00.jpg

WALTER SMITH hopes to have a couple of key players back for Kilmarnock's SPL visit to Ibrox on Sunday.

Croatian striker Nikica Jelavic WILL return to the squad having recovered from a hamstring injury while Sasa Papac could also be available.

With Vladimir Weiss and Kyle Lafferty in action against PSV Eindhoven on Thursday night the manager is delighted to have another boost ahead of this weekend's crucial league clash against Mixu Paatelainen's team.

Smith also confirmed that Allan McGregor, as expected, will regain his place between the posts as Rangers look to close the gap at the top of the table to just two points.

He said: "We will have Jelavic back on Sunday and I hope Sasa Papac will also be ok to play.

"So for the first time in a few weeks we have a chance to freshen up our team a little bit when you consider Vladimir Weiss only played 20 minutes against PSV having come back from injury.

"So getting these lads back will hopefully give us a wee lift before what is a very big game for us.

"We have been two or three games behind in the league recently and it doesn't always give a true reflection on where you stand and where the championship is.

"So it would be nice to close the gap a bit but Kilmarnock had a terrific result at Tynecastle last weekend and that's a difficult place for any team to go to.

"They won there and they have had some excellent results recently and played some very good football.

"They deserve to be where they are in the league right now and it will be a difficult game for us considering it comes on the back of a European game as well."

Kilmarnock will be without their main playmaker Alexei Eremenko this weekend.

The on-loan Finn was sent off after 72 minutes in his side's 2-0 win over the Jambos and Smith believes this will be a blow for the visitors.

"He is a very talented player, I think technically one of the best players to come in to the country for a little bit of time," said the Gers boss.

"Kilmarnock will miss him but I'm sure with the way they are going and the confidence they have got after their result against Hearts they will try to handle that as best they can."

Walter Smith has no regrets over Rangers' European run

Walter Smith hopes Rangers can extend their Europa League run further - even if it hampers their hopes of retaining the Scottish Premier League title.

Rangers drew 0-0 away to PSV Eindhoven in their first-leg tie on Thursday and play one of their SPL games in hand, against Kilmarnock, on Sunday.

"It's a tall order for us if we continue to play in Europe - I think that might be a factor," the boss said.

"We will have to go on an exceptional run of wins to get the championship."

Rangers will overtake leaders Celtic by a point if they win their two games in hand.

But the Ibrox side's manager knows that their Glasgow rivals are in an excellent run of form that includes derby victories in the league and Scottish Cup.

"I think there will be points dropped for all the clubs but Celtic went on a long run before losing to Motherwell," he said.

"I think we will have to emulate that if we're going to be champions."

Rangers let slip a seven-point lead to lose the title after their run to the 2008 Uefa Cup final and Smith admits another lengthy stint in Europe could define this year's challenge against Celtic, who exited European competition in August.

Smith rested goalkeeper Allan McGregor against PSV in the Netherlands, with Neil Alexander given his chance on his 33rd birthday.

However, the manager maintains that he will not take the Europa League lightly despite the prospect of damaging fixture congestion and having suffered a glut of injuries.

"If you look at the last time, we handled it all the way up until the last couple of games, when we were asked to play three games in six days and stumbled a bit there," Smith recalled.

"To be honest, it's not going to help us, the extra games, especially with the smaller group we've got, but there is no use trying to prejudge anything.

"If you're in the professional game and you're in a tournament, you want to do as well as you possibly can."

That run to the Manchester final against Zenit St Petersburg has given the players the belief they can emulate that achievement and set up a 18 May date in Dublin.

Midfielder Maurice Edu said: "I don't see why not. I know it's a difficult task and the fact we have a thin squad this season makes it that much more difficult.

"In saying that, there is a great spirit and a great amount of character in this team.

"I think that can take you a lot further than some people might think."

Source: BBC Sport

Rangers 2 - 1 Kilmarnock

_51657885_diouf_goal.jpg

Tim Clancy's own goal gave Rangers a late victory over Kilmarnock in the Scottish Premier League.

El-Hadji Diouf struck his first league goal for Rangers to give the home side a half-time advantage.

Jamie Hamill's penalty, awarded after Richard Foster's foul on Tim Clancy, drew Killie level on 61 minutes.

But Clancy diverted Vladimir Weiss's cross into the net in the 87th minute and the hosts survived a late onslaught to claim all three points.

The Ibrox side are now two points behind leaders Celtic, who have played a game more, while fourth-place Kilmarnock hold a two-point advantage over Dundee United, the Tangerines having two games in hand.

Killie were keen to take advantage of any European hangover suffered by the hosts following their midweek draw with PSV Eindhoven and William Gros fired a shot over the Rangers crossbar early on.

David Silva was next to threaten for the visitors, curling a shot narrowly wide.

There was a lethargy about the Ibrox side's play, but they almost took the lead when Diouf's corner was knocked down by Kyle Bartley and Maurice's goalbound shot was tipped over by goalkeeper Anssi Jaakkola.

Diouf missed a gilt-edged chance, firing wide from six yards after Steven Davis's free-kick was diverted into his path.

Jaakkola spared Manuel Pascali's blushes when he collected the ball after the defender's clearance spun towards his own goal.

Bartley headed Diouf's corner over and, at the other end, Jamie Hamill's shot spun wide of Allan McGregor's goal, the goalkeeper restored to the Rangers line-up after being rested in midweek.

Rangers' play lacked creativity and their use of the ball was at times careless, but they took the lead in the 38th minute after breaking up a Kilmarnock advance.

Gros and Liam Kelly got in a muddle in the middle of the park and Rangers quickly moved the ball forward.

Steven Whittaker's pass found Diouf on the right-hand side and the on-loan Blackburn player fired home from inside the penalty area.

Nikica Jelavic forced Jaakkola into a save in the early stages of the second half when a pass to a team-mate may have been a better option for the Rangers striker.

Rangers appeared to be happy to sit on their lead and were punished when Killie were awarded a spot-kick.

Foster's high challenge on Clancy was penalised by referee Alan Muir and Hamill converted from 12 yards.

The hosts went in search the lead again and Diouf's free-kick was volleyed over by Bartley.

Foster tried his luck from 25 yards, but the left-foot effort dropped over the crossbar and Davis's free-kick attempt was also too high.

Kyle Lafferty and Weiss were sent on from the Rangers bench for the final 15 minutes, Diouf and Foster withdrawn, as manager Walter Smith looked for a fresh impetus.

Mohamadou Sissoko sustained an injury and left the field, but Kilmarnock had to wait until a break in play to send on a replacement.

While they were down to 10 men, the Ayrshire men fell behind again as Weiss's cross into a dangerous area was knocked past Jaakkola by the unfortunate Clancy.

Kilmarnock went in search of a second equaliser and had penalty appeals turned down after Lafferty collided with Clancy in the area.

_51657886_edu_bryson.jpg

thank fook ,its games like this that win u a league
grinding results out.

Your right John sometimes you need to win ugly. Its 3 points in the bag.
Do that with every game and dont lose to Sellick and its all ours.

STEVIE NAISMITH will hand Rangers a Euro and Old Firm boost by returning to full training this morning.

The Ibrox ace has been out for three weeks after his hamstring problems flared up against Celtic.

But the Scotland ace is set to return for the second leg Europa League last 16 tie with PSV Eindhoven on Thursday.

And he could also land a call for Sunday's Co-op Cup Final with Celts.

Read more: Gers’ Naisy boost | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish Sport|SPL

Minute's Silence For Japan

RANGERS and PSV Eindhoven supporters will be asked to stand and observe a minutes silence before tonights Europa League game as a show of support for Japan.

UEFA announced on Tuesday that every club involved in European competition this week should show respect for the victims following the tragic earthquake and ensuing tsunami that affected the country on Friday 11th March and has killed thousands.

"The entire European football family will stand united on the pitch this week before our matches in order to express our deepest sympathy and full support to the Japanese people." said UEFA president Michel Platini.

"We wish them continued strengh in tackling the subsequent problems following the tragedy."

The UEFA matches where a minutes silence have or will be observed include all four Champions League round of 16 second-leg games, eight Europa League round of 16 second-leg fixtures and four Women's Champions League quarter-final first-leg matches.

Back