Rafa - Dead man walking

FFS man you don't get it do you ? Ahh they made a mistake once so they wont do it again..... They made a mistake twice thats more than enough they wont do that again......They are stupid and the paper hasn't changed in near 20 years, but if your naive enough to believe the shite they write.....well

Apologies here. Just re read my post and i sound a tad aggressive.Nothing personal here. That rag just makes my blood boil with the lies and bile they've spouted about Liverpool fans.

Well done bulldog were all on the same side here mate.

Well done bulldog were all on the same side here mate.

I know m8. There are good people on here, i read something that hit a nerve and reacted angrily. I re read my post and didn't like what i read :)

I know m8. There are good people on here, i read something that hit a nerve and reacted angrily. I re read my post and didn't like what i read :)
Sometimes we all get a bit touchy but you were big enough to post an apology incase someone took it the wrong way so fair dues to you. I have never bought the Sun since and never will.

@ Bulldog, these things happen. Alot of my posts touch people and make them react. But me being a supporter for all my life get more fustrated than most when Liverpool don't produce.

Instead of liverpool fans always pointing towards the raffa winning the CL and Fa Cup lets just put the past aside and put recent years in to perspective we won nothing last season and probably will win nothing this season. We still cant seem to win against the top three and we are 12pts behind Arsenal. Oh yeah and we were almost turned over by luton.

To summarize the last two season we are going backwards under Raffa.

Last edited:
If Arsenal or Man Utd sacked their manager after 2 years without a trophy neither would be in a job now! And they are now the top 2! So have faith and there is no quick fix!!

If Arsenal or Man Utd sacked their manager after 2 years without a trophy neither would be in a job now! And they are now the top 2! So have faith and there is no quick fix!!

cudnt agree more, we have won the champions league once and nearly a 2nd time since rafa got here. I know we all want the prem league and it is unlikely that we are going to be particularly close this year but we need to be patient...as man u and arsenal were with their managers. Monty is right tho we did nearly get turned over by Luton and that sort performance is unacceptable, we need to improve and fast

One way to improve is to field your best 11 available on the day!! Leaving torres at home and Mascherano on the bench seriously weakened the team. Its not the first time he's fielded weak teams in crucial matches. Also too much changes and how the players gonna gel. There were mix ups in the Luton game and certain players looked unsure. A regular unit of players would improve things drastically.

One way to improve is to field your best 11 available on the day!! Leaving torres at home and Mascherano on the bench seriously weakened the team. Its not the first time he's fielded weak teams in crucial matches. Also too much changes and how the players gonna gel. There were mix ups in the Luton game and certain players looked unsure. A regular unit of players would improve things drastically.

I couldn't agree with you more m8.

and if torres had got injured? How many of you can honestly say you wouldnt have come on here and said "why play torres against such a low team!"

The players he put out yesterday should have been more than good enough to win that match!

The players arnt performing, why? Who knows, something doesnt look right thats for sure! Anybody know what role Paco played? Cant help but think his departure has not helped Rafa at all!!

...(1) we won nothing last season and probably will win nothing this season...
(2) We still cant seem to win against the top three...

I'm not just being argumentative, but;
1) we've got a good chance of winning the FA Cup, we've almost got a bye to the fifth round. We only just qualified for the second round of the Champions League, but who cares? All that means is that we've got a tough draw in the second round. Can we beat Inter? Recently, we've beaten Barca, Juve, Chelsea, AC Milan...

2) I'd say we are in the top three! We came third in each of the last two seasons. Nothing has been decided this season, no prize money has been handed out yet.

I know you're frustrated Monty, but I reckon that by being too pessimistic we're playing into the hands of the gutter press. Rafa's whole strategy (rotation) is to ensure we do well in the second half of the season.

As for me, I'm not beind sucked into a pseudo-crisis by money-grabbing low-lifes in the press. I'll decide what to think for myself. I'm happy being optimistic for now. I'm behind Rafa.

I dunno, can we keep blindly backing Rafa ?

Dont get me wrong I'm not calling for his head here and now but maybe its time to anylse why we should keep backing him.

Is it because he won the champions league ? well, a lot of the team was houliers, and rafa proceeded to get rid of most of them after that game.

What about his signings, and he's made a lot over the years. For me not too many stand out ( apart from torres, who probably wouldnt have come to us if it wasnt for rafa) most have come and gone, apart from alonso and reina. Of the newer signings playing at the moment which can you truly say has nailed their place in the first team ?
Every new season he seems to change half the first team, and sell (at a loss) most of his previous signings.

What about his bonding and leadership skills ?
Was Rafa's arrival responsible for Owens departure ? possibly, it certainly didnt help. And we nearly ended up losing Gerrard, only Steve's love of liverpool and some family lectures stopped the unthinkable happening . Look at Crouch now, he looks more gutted every time you see him. players love to play for liverpool and Rafa seems to knock that love out of them.

Perhaps we back Rafa coz he is such a good tactician ?
Personally i believe he IS a good tactician, but sometimes he overdoes it, taking out form players and replacing them with the (on paper) match for that particular style of play.

Maybe its his much maligned rotation policy ? and maybe it isnt !!

This is a bad time for rafa for sure.
can he turn it around ? .

and if torres had got injured? How many of you can honestly say you wouldnt have come on here and said "why play torres against such a low team!"

No!!!! No point saving him for the league, thats long gone for us. Rather seen him play against Luton and risk injury than sit at home. Afterall all players risk injury in every game, thats part of it!

I dunno, can we keep blindly backing Rafa ?

Dont get me wrong I'm not calling for his head here and now but maybe its time to anylse why we should keep backing him.

Is it because he won the champions league ? well, a lot of the team was houliers, and rafa proceeded to get rid of most of them after that game.

What about his signings, and he's made a lot over the years. For me not too many stand out ( apart from torres, who probably wouldnt have come to us if it wasnt for rafa) most have come and gone, apart from alonso and reina. Of the newer signings playing at the moment which can you truly say has nailed their place in the first team ?
Every new season he seems to change half the first team, and sell (at a loss) most of his previous signings.

What about his bonding and leadership skills ?
Was Rafa's arrival responsible for Owens departure ? possibly, it certainly didnt help. And we nearly ended up losing Gerrard, only Steve's love of liverpool and some family lectures stopped the unthinkable happening . Look at Crouch now, he looks more gutted every time you see him. players love to play for liverpool and Rafa seems to knock that love out of them.

Perhaps we back Rafa coz he is such a good tactician ?
Personally i believe he IS a good tactician, but sometimes he overdoes it, taking out form players and replacing them with the (on paper) match for that particular style of play.

Maybe its his much maligned rotation policy ? and maybe it isnt !!

This is a bad time for rafa for sure.
can he turn it around ? .

You have some good points there but lets look at a possible team most likely to be Rafas 1st choices.

Reina
Arbeloa
Carra
Agger
Aurellio
Stevie G
Alonso
Yosi or Pennant
Babel or Kewel
Torres
Kuyt

How many did Rafa sign ??

This may not be mine or your picks but its his and he has also signed plenty of young players who need time to grow, Wenger didn't sign youngsters and just shove them in the 1st team, he gave them time and gradually introduced them to 1st team...how on earth are we gonna do that when everytime Rafa gives them a run out people complain he doesnt play his strongest players. If we had been playing a prem team in the cup then I would have been annoyed if Rafa had fielded that team but it was Luton and no disrespect to them but we should have played them off the park...if we had even tried, but we didnt try.

Wasn't Fergie a dead man walking a few years ago, before he won the F.A cup?
I reckon Rafa deserves full backing until, Liverpool are out of all competitions.
And I do believe that we are still in 3

You have some good points there but lets look at a possible team most likely to be Rafas 1st choices.

Reina
Arbeloa
Carra
Agger
Aurellio
Stevie G
Alonso
Yosi or Pennant
Babel or Kewel
Torres
Kuyt

How many did Rafa sign ??

This may not be mine or your picks but its his and he has also signed plenty of young players who need time to grow, Wenger didn't sign youngsters and just shove them in the 1st team, he gave them time and gradually introduced them to 1st team...how on earth are we gonna do that when everytime Rafa gives them a run out people complain he doesnt play his strongest players. If we had been playing a prem team in the cup then I would have been annoyed if Rafa had fielded that team but it was Luton and no disrespect to them but we should have played them off the park...if we had even tried, but we didnt try.

I wouldnt argue with that jaffa, nothing wrong with the players that rafa put out for the luton game, but we needed someone who could put their foot in in the middle, alonso looked a bit sheepish ( like he was wary of his injury) and lucas is not really that type of midfielder.

I still hope rafa can turn it round, just sometimes my faith wains a bit until the next good result.

Last edited:
Back