Radiofin

Boswell

Inactive User
Reaction score
Back in the very late 70's I had a cartrige machine I remember called a Radiofin? This was a cheaper alternative to the Atari but had a Space Invaders cart available that was pretty close to the real arcade version! The joystick units had about 10 buttons. I'm guessing the Radiofin had various other more well known brand names, does anyone know or remember this thing? I'm trying to find if an emulator is available.

Regards
Bozzy

I remember it because I have several of 'em in my museum - Radofin of Hong Kong was a manufacturer who licenced their design to several others, Interton/Acetronic/Voltmace/Teleng/Printronic etc. Voltmace of Baldock actually designed their own hardware round the Radofin design so while the carts played the same games it wasn't possible to swap any of the hardware with other machines. Not sure if an emulator is around but revel in nostalgia on my Pong page:

http://www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk/Museum/Pong/

Several Radofin designs there :)

Interesting point - Radofin also designed and built the Mattel Aquarius and Aquarius II..... the Aquarius II was such a bad idea Mattel distanced themselves from it and Radofin ended up with loads of unsold units back at base.

Thanks for the info, searching Radiofin doesn't really show anything but I tried some of the names you quoted, after some more googling I think the Radiofin I had is the same as a Acetronic MPU1000 or a 2000.
Looks similar but totally different colour so I'm not 100% as the colour is confusing me. The joystick units with the aray of buttons does look similar though.

Nice website you have there.

Ahhh, just found a pic of it. Look at this site, the bottom right pic is what I remember with the grey, black body and orange buttons.

h**p://darkwatcher.psxfanatics.com/console/1292.jpg

Anyone remember that? Is that based on the MPU 2000?: multi :

Edit:

I found a better pic here h**p://www.silicium.org/console/radofin1292.htm

So it looks like it was the same as the MPU1000, is there an emulator and roms available?

Quote fron the French site "Acetronic MPU 1000 et Printztronic"

Gona have to go in the attic, It just might be still there : multi :

Boswell

Last edited:
Thanks for this, I was going from memory, around 25 years ago? But you are right, finding all sorts now searching for radofin.

Edit, just re-read witchy posts and he spelt it Radofin, sorry I totally missed it.

Thanks again
Boswell

Last edited:
Cheers :)

Seems like yours is the original Radofin version that everyone else rebadged, nice!

Back