Racism on site

Hmmm, the context IS the issue - convince me the OP condoned 'beating up a Paki' - would that be racist? Or would it be thuggery? If the joke isn't funny, why can't we just slag the teller off? Or ignore it? How does it endanger DW? I have a lot worse on my servers and I don't get shut down???? Now, I can host whatever I like and you may not like it but I'll still host whatever I like - don't like it, don't read it. The Internet is about free speech... ...hoster got a problem? I'LL host DW for free, end of...
The concept of free speech does not mean you can say anything you like without recourse.
Article 19 goes on to say that the exercise of these rights carries "special duties and responsibilities" and may "therefore be subject to certain restrictions" when necessary "[f]or respect of the rights or reputation of others" or "[f]or the protection of national security or of public order (order public), or of public health or morals" WIKI
What servers do you own then mate? or who do you host with? Is it a dedicated server. If you offer free hosting space to our members then that would be really cool. Perhaps we could run an invite only sharing service for dw on it. Ill have a chat to the team and see if we cant think up some ways to really make good use of your kind offer, thanks again

The concept of free speech does not mean you can say anything you like without recourse. What servers do you own then mate? or who do you host with? Is it a dedicated server. If you offer free hosting space to our members then that would be really cool. Perhaps we could run an invite only sharing service for dw on it. Ill have a chat to the team and see if we cant think up some ways to really make good use of your kind offer, thanks again

True, but democracy means you can express a view and argue it. If the majority disagree with your view they should be able to vote it 'out' but you should still have the freedom to express it even if you represent the tiniest minority.

Article 19...

"Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers."

My particular view is that racism has become simply an excuse to whine about something you don't like using the vehicle of race given that you happen to have noticed that the person(s) you disagree with is/are not of the same race as you, or maybe you have nothing better to do than whine...

As for my servers, I would help out DW if some idiot shut them down because members indulged in reasonable debate but it's not a free for all lol

Sorry mate you have lost me there, maybe im tired but im not sure what point you are arguing so I will go to bed and have another look in the morning

Im pretty sure I quoted the end of the same article that you posted so the retort is moot

Last edited:
Oops, me Mum would tell you I'm a bit of a ...

... it's all her fault, lol

I just like to see stuff as a debate with an argument rather than rhetoric with no direction...

...must be me age :)

Oops, me Mum would tell you I'm a bit of a ...

... it's all her fault, lol

I just like to see stuff as a debate with an argument rather than rhetoric with no direction...

...must be me age :)

Well it is the rant room so fill yer boots! I would say that you can either have an argument or a debate but not both. As long as you have expressed your opinion well enough in the first place then there should be no need to keep qualifying it in picking loosely at any opinion that isnt the same as yours.

I disagree with most people on this, with as many members as we have its bound to happen all the time. I suspect that there are more that also disagree who have read this thread and have done the sensible thing and risen above it, shrugged and moved on and that is what I am going to do now as ive had my say

fook i would have loved this thread if i had seen it mid flow lol

will teach me to look in here more often !!!

Yeah we have at lease 25 pages to go to make it to the magic !"*50*"!

I think that post reinforces what I just said.

...and I'm sorry, but I will continue to like posts that I agree with, whether you like it or not.

and i will continue to like jokes i find funny whether you find it racist or not!!!!

Getting back on topic. Could we not have a "Sad, unfunny, attempt at humour" bin?

Those who liked that sort of stuff would be welcome to rummage in the dross.

you would still look in there and complain (it's what you do ??)

I can't believe that people think that these jokes about race and women are okay to tell to anyone and everyone.

In the real world would you tell them to your granny, your mother, the vicar, an old arab gentleman, the two old ladies sitting on a bench in the park?

Any of these could be a member of this site. It's not just a bunch of lads down the pub.

yes they are...they are jokes thats all

i tell fat jokes and i am 23 stone (at least i beat bulimia)

i tell ginger jokes (my 7 year old daughter is ginger as was my mum)

i tell racist jokes (my niece has a child by an illegal immigrant)

i tell jokes about my gran (she died years ago)

i tell jokes about peado's (i'd string every one of the feckers up!!)

i tell my missus jokes about women (she tells me some about men)

they are jokes ..get a sense of humour bypass or don't look in the joke or adult section

have a nice day

Originally Posted by hamba

I can't believe that people think that these jokes about race and women are okay to tell to anyone and everyone.

In the real world would you tell them to your granny, your mother, the vicar, an old arab gentleman, the two old ladies sitting on a bench in the park?

Any of these could be a member of this site. It's not just a bunch of lads down the pub.

hardly... would you like to point out who these members are or can i ask these members to step forward and reveal your selfs?

as far as i can see most people that post on here are the bloke down the pub types you and nara excluded. your the ones with clipboards noting train numbers down, hence the lack of humour and why your so different to every other member on here and nothings ever good enough or right enough for the pair of you.

pair of blakey's the two of you...everyone else are the bus drivers.

you say you like it here yet all you do is complain about other people..surely this points out that these type of people are not your type of people? maybe a train spotting site or a church forum would suit you better.

please hamba dont think im hounding you im not i like everyone else can post freely with my opinions and observations whether they be right or wrong.

.......as far as i can see most people that post on here are the bloke down the pub types you and nara excluded. your the ones with clipboards noting train numbers down, hence the lack of humour and why your so different to every other member on here and nothings ever good enough or right enough for the pair of you.

pair of blakey's the two of you...everyone else are the bus drivers...etc.

As I was saying in post #321, a few of the usual suspects have been up to their old tricks, but on the whole the thread has been well behaved

As I was saying in post #321, a few of the usual suspects have been up to their old tricks, but on the whole the thread has been well behaved

hahaha this coming from you of all people, im not the one that gets up to old tricks im the one that replies to the ones up to the old tricks.

so i say again they both see them selfs as right and everyone else is in the wrong...point proven muh lord!!!

Are we now debating what can be on a thread or are we still on racism???

[Note - debate includes argument but is not AN argument - previous poster]

Is racism really a problem or just an excuse?

racism is an excuse that people can use to try and get their own way m8, and from th last few days, my view of 'racism' has been turned totally on its head by actually speaking to people from asia and the middle east

i notice how nara is happy to link back to older posts in this thread (ive not actually bothered looking back at them tbh) but everyone forgets that i asked 2 serious questions in the course of this thread, that everyone who WAS screaming 'racist' has happily managed to work around, aint that handy, for them

also going by previous posts, form now on, my view, is that anybody whao wants to 'play the racist card' then back down, is a bigot, as described in this very thread

I believe I have no reason to feel bad about how I conduct myself on DW.

At least when I am critical it is about issues and not people.

Back