Quick question on detecting drives plugged into sata pc port

Kips

Inactive User
Reaction score
I know you should buy xbox360 pro etc but its my old 360 havent used it for years and thought id try it.

My PC has a z68-v pro board - plugged samsung drive ms25 into xbox and standard sata port, running win7 x64.

Running dseo13b in test mode - bios detects the xbox dvd drive fine. MTK Flash32 sees 0xC020/0xC040 - so assuming stat ports are ok? but doesnt pick up the drive.

Is it because its not a via 6421 chipset sata?

I gave in and ordered the card! Need to order a new dvd drive too as mine just refuses to open and shut when i want it to! and yes ive taken it apart and tried everything

Try taking the rubber band off and dropping it in some boiling water.
I gave in and ordered the card! Need to order a new dvd drive too as mine just refuses to open and shut when i want it to! and yes ive taken it apart and tried everything

I saw a youtube clip regarding that - so is the theory that the rubber is too stiff and needs to be more flexible?

No , it is the rubber has stretched and the boiling water tightens it back up.
I saw a youtube clip regarding that - so is the theory that the rubber is too stiff and needs to be more flexible?

AH ok makes more sense - i'll try but ordered replacement for £14 - but guessing i'll need to read up on either swapping the board or how to copy the firmware over to the new drive? i know the motherboard on the xbox and the board on the drive have to have the same key?

JF tells you everything you need to know about flashing , if you can solder just swap the PCB over.

Ive read you dont need to solder the samsung ms25? also read that if i order another samsung i can just copy the key across? also theser no LT+ 3.0 for samsungs? figuring the LT+2.01 will work fine hopefully will test this out on gta v

I've had drives like that and never crossed my mind to try that just ripped the key and got a new drive :S wish i saw this before lol

Back