47DJ Problem-Tried just about everything

J3nkins

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok i'll try and make this as clear as possible.
I've searched on this topic for about a week now.

Here are my PC & 360 specs;

* Hitachi 0047DJ (Launch version)
* Vista Ult. x64
* ASUS P6T Deluxe v2 (Northbridge Chipset)
* PCI VIA 6421A Card (arrived today in the mail)
* pSlax 2.1
* JungleFlasher (latest version)
* iXtreme 1.51

Here is what i've done so far;

1. Disassembled 360 case without trouble.
  2. Connected the 360 drive to the motherboard
  3. Rebooted into Slax and got some errors about no LiveDisc.sys or something. (Drive was also not recognised by windows OR by BIOS)
Fast forward to today
  1. Installed VIA 6421A (Vista successfully installed drivers - didn't need to use Mini CD)
  2. Connected the 360 drive to the VIA card (to the port furthest away from the "external" port [as per this forum Scenyx Entertainment Community > Can A Hitachi Be Done With A Vt6421a Chipset [reply by andy_mg2000]])
  3. Rebooted to Slax again, this time (i think) Slax detected the VIA card (i got a sata5 status which was never there before i got the VIA card)
    I eventually get the LiveDisc.sys error and then it says about "This should never happen"

Another thing to note is i don't get a "disc spinning up" message, i don't see anything about a logon and from the video i watched here it looks very different.

I also have the 360 grounded to the PC using a wire.

I've also tried turning the 360 on exactly when Slax boots, before it boots and after it boots with no change. (As written in the 360mods.net "Hacking the Xbox 360 For Noobs")

I've checked my BIOS options aswell and i don't have the option to disable RAID on either my mobo or the new PCI card...

I tried installing custom drivers for the PCI card (not sure where i got them from) and after they successfully install and i restart, Windows then reinstalls the Original drivers and the custom installed ones come up in Device manager with the yellow exclamation mark (Code 10 error).

I really need some help.. I don't think i can afford to buy a new DVD drive for the 360, i certainly cant afford to buy a new 360 if i screw up the 2 wire trick and i specifically bought this PCI VIA card to flash this drive.

I have a SATA to USB converter on its way and i'm hoping that might fix the problem, if it doesn't then i might just sell the 360 :/

Anyway that's about all the information i can give.
Thanks to anyone who reads this.

-Jenkins

JungleFlasher can send modeb, through windows, no need for Slax.

would have to say the same as oggy just use jungleflasher ,easy to use and it now works with windows 7

does it work with vista 64bit i know jungle does with win 7 hd not sure about vista

No reason why it shouldnt.

well you live and learn lol i come onto these threads hoping to help but end up been told im wrong......going to shoot myself

JungleFlasher can send modeb, through windows, no need for Slax.

Umm my problem is the drive isn't being detected by Windows... hwo can i use JungleFlasher if it can't even see the drive?

And thanks for the replies aswell guys :Clap:

EDIT: Oh and yeah JungleFlasher works with Vista x64 :)

Last edited:
Install these as your drivers, make sure portio is showing as Started in the running log too.

Windows V-RAID V530C - http://xrl.us/befb65

Install these as your drivers, make sure portio is showing as Started in the running log too.

Windows V-RAID V530C - http://xrl.us/befb65

Ok i appreciate the help but i've already tried these drivers...

J3nkins said:
I tried installing custom drivers for the PCI card (not sure where i got them from) and after they successfully install and i restart, Windows then reinstalls the Original drivers and the custom installed ones come up in Device manager with the yellow exclamation mark (Code 10 error).

So unfortunately i don't know what else to try. I am waiting for the SATA to USB adaptor to arrive still hopefully that will give me some form of detection...

I can get my hands on a 1K resistor if someone would like to assure me that it will DEFINITELY work with the 47DJ and Vista x64... i would like to hear it from someone who has already done this using both things.

Thanks again for the replies guys, every result is an outcome whether good or bad, and every outcome contributes to solving the problem so thank you :)

-Jenkins

Ok, dont worry about portio then :err:

Back