Quick Noob Questions

Norman Dog

Inactive User
Reaction score
Been looking to switch to Satellite since the demise of my Eurovox. :grayno:
Been a long while since I was into the scene, used to have Red hot dutch :Drool: and also owned a D2mac Filmnet decoder back in the old days.

Looking for a stable receiver, with epg and recording cabability, have my eye on this one.
Technomate TM 800 Linux HD Digital Receiver

Don't really fancy taking a risk buying a cloned Dreambox as you don't really know what you're going to end up with.

Will this be OK to connect to my old Sly digital dish? It's about 12 years old so not sure if it will work correctly.
My cable router is placed on the tv stand so would use an ethernet connection initially, but can anyone recommend a good wireless adaptor?

Can you run two boxes from the same LNB? Probably wouldn't be using at the same time.

Looking for a good value stable c$ server, PM me if this cannot be discussed on the board.

What are the Technomate's like reliability wise? Are there clones around?
Any other alternatives around the <£200 mark that that will do a better job?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

before considering tm800 i would read the threads people on here have had lots of issues with this model not doing what it says it will do on the box
so maybe worth looking at others there are a lot of happy openbox users under a £100 for a box you can add info in with handset without having to hook up to a pc to ftp etc downside poor epg
dish 12 years old i would replace the cable and the lnb you can install twin or quad lnb to run two boxes
is it a mini dish or the bigger dish when sly at 19e if latter will need to realign
with regards to sea lions you will need to google a bit there does tend to be a lot of bad ones out there at the moment so try a lot and experiment cheap normally means cheap expect about £15 a month for decent and even these can have problems caused by broadband issues so bear this in mind
also for two boxes you will need two sub lines and you then start to get into the territory do i buy legit sub share round me home for a few quid more
hope this helps

There is currently no real support or updates for TM800HD theres a new twin tuner out which is worth looking at otherwise I have heard good things about DM800SE all down to what you want to spend. Having said that now that the TM-TWIN-OE has been realsed TM should start working on the TM800HD but there is no confirmation as of yet.

Last edited:
Back