questions about a vectra 06 1.9 cdti

carlos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought one , think the rocker cover gasket needs replacing, ( if this type of engine has one dont know that much really lol ) oil is in the seam to the right part of the engine, any idea how much it would be for the gasket, and or getting it done at a garage ??

Also the bulb out indicator on the dash is illuminated for the brake lights, but the brake lights are fine. is there a way to reset the indicator on the dash ??

cheers

Just bought one , think the rocker cover gasket needs replacing, ( if this type of engine has one dont know that much really lol ) oil is in the seam to the right part of the engine, any idea how much it would be for the gasket, and or getting it done at a garage ??

Also the bulb out indicator on the dash is illuminated for the brake lights, but the brake lights are fine. is there a way to reset the indicator on the dash ??

cheers

Hi mate, if you disconnect the battery for about 10mins this should reset the warning light,just make sure you have you radio code handy when you come to hook the battery up again as for the other issue I'm not too sure but if you want to I would sign up with a Vectra Owners Forum. I'm a member of 3 CLUBVS,VXROnline and VECTRA C.COM. All these clubs are of great benefit to car owners and also save you money too as there are a lot of guys who are mechanics and will give you free advice too b4 you need to go to a dealers garage. You even get to various club meets etc. Hope this helps you mate.Oh if you decide to join up with any of these clubs just mention my user name BLACK KNIGHT.

Regards,
Scotty.

i replaced the rocket gasket on my vectra last year the gasket cost me £12 and a set of star keys or star screw driver to take rocket cover off , pull the old gasket off and , replace the with the new gasket ( make sure its in tight all the way around . place rocket cover back on gently and tighten each screw a bit at a time other wise if you tighten one side down to much first the other side of the gasket will pop out and not get a good seal and you will be doing it all over agin m8 hope this helps matt

i replaced the rocket gasket on my vectra last year the gasket cost me £12 and a set of star keys or star screw driver to take rocket cover off , pull the old gasket off and , replace the with the new gasket ( make sure its in tight all the way around . place rocket cover back on gently and tighten each screw a bit at a time other wise if you tighten one side down to much first the other side of the gasket will pop out and not get a good seal and you will be doing it all over agin m8 hope this helps matt

Hello m8,

Was this on the 1.9 cdti or petrol engine ??

Cheers

petrol m8 but i cant see it being any diffrent as the rocket cover is the very first top section of the engine

theres abit more to a cdti m8 than a petrol a good hour more

Last edited:
Back