[Question] yellow brick boosters/cable boosters

I'm still not grasping it though....if the yellow brick don't have an active return gain then there isn't nothing to worry about with in the property i'm not sending back 60 db to them etc.......if it's increasing the signal to the modem and the other devices and making them work a treat after boosting the incoming signal then all I'm doing is actually getting false readings, well not false but readings from equipment within here after the signal has been boosted...........so it's not like i am actually getting them from the external feed with massive spikes and stuff ....if you get me......

if i went and read my readings at the main point of entry they'd still be showing me sensible levels....it's just after the booster that the equipment is connected too that's showing massive signal levels increased......but as i say at the main feed i'm still getting the norm ?

hope you understand what I'm thinking...

what are you useing to test the point of entry cable m8 ???????

as far as i know the upstream SNR can only be sensed at the headend

why worry if everything is working ok,?????????might be diffrent if your modem was disconecting every now and again

what are you useing to test the point of entry cable m8 ???????

as far as i know the upstream SNR can only be sensed at the headend

why worry if everything is working ok,?????????might be diffrent if your modem was disconecting every now and again

Mate thats the problem my parents are having. They have more cable and joins than I can even be arsed thinking about, would going direct form the point outside to the modem solve this kind of issue? my head is puggled with it all

Mate thats the problem my parents are having. They have more cable and joins than I can even be arsed thinking about, would going direct form the point outside to the modem solve this kind of issue? my head is puggled with it all

more than likely it will m8

these yellow brick boosters are mint, I'm going to put mine at the entry point of the cable and then boost all the connections in my house....maybe fork out for one of them if they keep getting DC...

I found that by using an amp before my splitter to my tv and modem I had issues. My modem would keep locking out, and then when I adjusted it TV would freeze.

Put a splitter before the amp, 1 feed direct to the modem and the other feed into the amp. Out of the amp into another splitter for however many STB or feed you need. Try and keep the modem separate.

Don't forget certain boxes condition the incoming signal as well to compensate so what you show on your modem maybe different from what you STB is actually pulling in.

What do you use to test the signal?

Bought a booster to try and sort out issues with losing a few channels every now and again, boxes showing no signal on certain transponders.

But dont really know where to start with getting the signal right.

what kind of modem do you have and firmware ? and also can you not test signal on your box and turn the pots a quarter of a turn and see if they increase....

Back