Question about Technomate 6900-S

timherman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All,

First time poster to this forum, but signed up after reading this review :

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/186614/

I am currently a SKY+ SD subscriber, and am looking to change to Freesat HD. I find there are not many 'sky only' channels I watch, and I do not want to pay Sky's high subscription charges for HD, but feel my 50" Panasonic HD plasma TV is missing out on HD content!

I understand the Technomate 6900-S allows best of both worlds allowing Terestial Freeview HD and Freesat HD, however I am swamped by the ammount of variables when choosing a box, as I am a newby in this area.

The questions I am hoping to anwser are:

1) With the PVR functionality, am I able to record one channel and watch another (e.g. does it have two DVB-S2 receivers). If not, am I able to at least watch a Terestial Digital channel while recoring a satelite digital channel.

2) I think I read somewhere that this is a generic box and not Freesat compliant. Does this mean EPGs are not avaliable? Basically, can I expect to record in same was as on Sky + with timer recording by selecting 'named' programs.

3) Is this box as good as is said, or are their any better choices in a similar price range.

Many Thanks in advance for replies.

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
hope you hit whatever number of posts you need m8

Hope you find your answers!

ah, sorry @wonko , I guess you were referring to this guy, not me. I glanced at his ID and thought being called channelhelp it was a automated reply or moderator or something like that, but now see he is a newby too.

So what do you get from posting randomly like that? Is there some prize for number of posts on here or something?

Back