Phone Unlocking question about signing sis files

dabs

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all
ok never got a file 'signed' before, so a little confused can someone confirm that I have done the right thing. ta
went to symbian site set up account, went through putting in iemi and e-mail, found file and sent all off
had a confirmation from symbian, so thought great sorted
txt on link from confirmation code is as follows

SUCCESS:
Your .sis file was uplaoded successfully. A confirmation email will be sent to you in which you will be required to confirm your request. Following this confirmation your file will be processed and a download link will be sent in an email to the address you provided.

can someone confirm that all I'm waiting for now is another e-mail from them, and there should be a link in it to take me to the file that has been signed and then this is the one I then install on my phone
sorry if it sounds daft but got really confused about all this, not brill on tech stuff
thanks guys :proud:

ive tried this way but never got an email back. i was luck to get a cert from the site before it changed so i can self sign stuff

There are several ways to sign apps without using the symbian signed website now. One is the chinese website giving out certificates and there is a hack on the Os that also lets you do it along with some other interesting things

this is news to me. would you be able to pm the site address please pal

yeah chinese site gives out about 1000 aday and is about a 3-5day wait. also you can hack the OS but needs to be re-hacked each time you restart phone, but i think there is a newer app which you run and it allows you to do it

Pm sent.

Got my cert same day I found out about it from that site, might have been just lucky.

On the version off the os hack I did when its done you get two icons in your applications folder. You just press the one called caps off to use the hack and caps on to turn it off again.

Havnt really needed to use it for anything yet, it lets you see all the protected system files on the phone and is meant to let you sign apps as well.

nice one thanks mate.

Back