Question about forums

crooked-dr

Member +
Reaction score
Hi all,
Recently ive been appointed IT sec for a university society. They want a website and stuff, which with a little time i should have up. But now the demanding president (cute thing she is...) wants to know if I can put a forum on our site. I told her "No, I dont know" but stupidly added "I can find out"
Now she is telling everyone that we are gonno have a forum, which means I have to learn, which brings me here to this place.

I know there are different forums, written with different languages, some you have to pay for and some are free....etc...
I am solely interested in the free ones and the simplest and reliable ones. I was wondering if anyone knew much about the different forums available, which ones they prefered...

cheers for readin and helpin...

Have a look at:

*ttp://invisionfree.com/

Its free and very simple to set up.

I think it would be good enough for what you need :)

Good one and free too is PHPbb.
Can be found on surcefore.net, has good support and several support forums for technical questions. Can be configured fully, uses skins, pretty much like vBulletin light :)

cheers guys,
will look into both of them. Im running out of time to get this site up and running.
will report back on how it goes!

Diamond said:
Have a look at:

*ttp://invisionfree.com/

Its free and very simple to set up.

I think it would be good enough for what you need :)

Can also get the IPB software and install on your own website (very easy to do) but make sure you get v1.3 of the software as later versions are not free (they changed their T&C for the later versions)

Back