Pvr600s Fta + Ftv / Epg

seani

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm considering a PVR600S to replace my modded TiVo, and have a couple of questions:

1) What's the state of play with the length of the EPG an any "season pass" style functionality?

2) It's only feasible for me to receive channels on 28.2E - I have no visiblity of other satellites. Not too much of a problem, as all I'm interested in are replacements for the standard terrestrial and freeview channels. Some of these are FTV, but some are only FTA. Do I need to get involved with softcams to enable this? Not *that* interested in the pay channels, but I'd like all of the freeview equivalents if I can get them.

3) Can the PVR600S record radio channels? Are these files smaller?

4) Are there any common media players I can use to browse and play recordings over my network? (e.g. DLINK or Philips media access devices as opposed to laptop or PC clients).

5) In a similar vein, can I use common media players to control the PVR600S via a web interface and watch live streams remotely?

Thanks for any pointers

Sean

1.. If by 'season pass' you mean click on ugly betty will it record all the season of Ugly Betty? Then answer is no. You can't actualy view the sky epg as they have the software for it and Uncle Rupert doesn't like anyone using his software.
What you do get is no and next and sometimes a few days epg or with addons you can download epg over the net.

2.. FTA means no encryption so you don't need any softcams. FTV is free to view so you need a valid ftv sky card and cccam,

3..Can't speak of pvr600 but my old pvr sat reciever used to record radio channels and yes the re much smaller as there is no video data, which can be upto 8mb second.

BTW you may want to intoduce yourself in the 'General'-'Who Are You?' section before the mods spot you haven't.

Ok, thanks for that, best get my introductions sorted :)

Back